jenaywins,

Yes, I do work for WeatherBug. I am the developer of WeatherBug Direct for BlackBerry.

Eddie
    What a baller How is the forecast looking??

Thanks for your help and support with WeatherBug!!
    07-22-08 02:05 PM
    Hi,

The forecast icon is no longer installed by default but can still be added to the application through the WeatherBug Portal. This was done to support users who did always hide the icon.

To add the icon:
    1) go to your WeatherBug Setting (in your BlackBerry options)
    2) select "WeatherBug Portal" from the menu
    3) select "WeatherBug Direct Extensions" from the list
    4) highlight "WeatherBug Forecast" in the list and select details from the menu
    5) select "Install" from the menu

This will install the new icon and link it with the application.

If you have any problems please click "report problems" from within WeatherBug Settings

Thanks,
    Eddie

Thanks.. seems to work now!
    07-22-08 05:52 PM
    jenaywins,

Yes, I do work for WeatherBug. I am the developer of WeatherBug Direct for BlackBerry.

Eddie
    In that case, I heart you.
    Weatherbug is my favourite app ever.... Ever!
    07-22-08 05:56 PM
    Here let me tell you the problem in full detail, i am using 4.5.0.52 , everything is working fine now, but i want to change the station so i can get a more accurate temperature, the one i'm using now is called "Vintage Science, and math tech" but it's not a accurate station so when i try to change to the other stations near by my house, the icon turns into a bright red circle, how can i fix this?
    07-23-08 05:39 AM
    I just installed WeatherBug and I really like what I see so far.
    Thanks for the info.
    07-23-08 06:22 AM
    Here let me tell you the problem in full detail, i am using 4.5.0.52 , everything is working fine now, but i want to change the station so i can get a more accurate temperature, the one i'm using now is called "Vintage Science, and math tech" but it's not a accurate station so when i try to change to the other stations near by my house, the icon turns into a bright red circle, how can i fix this?
    We do not currently have a fix for this issue.

We do have one other user reporting the same problem on the same OS and carrier but have been unable to reproduce the problem here.

When the icon turns into a red circle does it change at all when you rollover the icon?

Could you try the following?
    1) go to your WeatherBug Settings under your BlackBerry options
    2) select "Update Weather Data" from the full menu
    3) check the icon - if it is red go back into the WeatherBug Settings and select "Report Problems" from the full menu
    4) change your station to a station that is causing the problem
    5) check the icon and do a "Report Problems"
    6) if the icon is red then do a hard reset � did the icon return?

Reporting problems will generate an error report (including a log file from the application) that I can use to verify that the application is properly getting and processing the data. This will rule out some errors the problem could be.
    07-23-08 07:54 AM
    WetherBug Just installed it and I like it!
    01-07-09 02:17 PM
    We do not currently have a fix for this issue.

We do have one other user reporting the same problem on the same OS and carrier but have been unable to reproduce the problem here.

When the icon turns into a red circle does it change at all when you rollover the icon?

Could you try the following?
    1) go to your WeatherBug Settings under your BlackBerry options
    2) select "Update Weather Data" from the full menu
    3) check the icon - if it is red go back into the WeatherBug Settings and select "Report Problems" from the full menu
    4) change your station to a station that is causing the problem
    5) check the icon and do a "Report Problems"
    6) if the icon is red then do a hard reset � did the icon return?

Reporting problems will generate an error report (including a log file from the application) that I can use to verify that the application is properly getting and processing the data. This will rule out some errors the problem could be.

The solid red dot is why I stopped using it, It was at that time on 4.5.0.81 and 4.5.0.93 - nothing happened to the dot when I rolled over it. Im with tmo. The only thing I could do to stop it was uninstall/reinstall, but then eventually a few hours later would do the same thing.
    01-07-09 02:30 PM
    weatherbug lol
    does weather bug displays the current temp on the icon?
    01-07-09 05:02 PM
    I have accuweather and it works great. It has an icon that shows hi and low for day and has really good radar.
    01-07-09 05:21 PM
    Why does Weatherbug have a free app (kind of hidden thru their website) and a paid app (rather obvious on their website)? Is there any significant diff between the two?
    01-07-09 05:32 PM
    Why does Weatherbug have a free app (kind of hidden thru their website) and a paid app (rather obvious on their website)? Is there any significant diff between the two?
    Cuz they can, wouldnt it make more sense to market the one they make the money off? sounds pretty good to me LOL
    01-07-09 05:35 PM
    I guess my real question is whether the paid app is worth it
    01-07-09 08:18 PM
    Why pay for the weather on your BB when you can get it for free in so many outlets?
    01-08-09 06:32 AM
    does weather bug displays the current temp on the icon?
    Yes it does.

[IMG][/IMG]
    01-08-09 08:37 AM
    I tried weather eye and it was a good concept but the weather updates were not accurate for my area(sometimes off by 10 to 20 degrees) which defeats the purpose... I'm going to try weather bug
    01-16-09 01:58 PM
    yweather
    yweather
    yweather

bbrtm.org/yweather/
    01-20-09 07:11 PM
    WeatherEye is not very accurate. I had it set to update every 30 mins and it rained for 3 hours straight and the icon showed that it was sunny and warm outside. Not a very good app If you live in Tornado ally imho!
    Same here....it showed me that it is Sunny here, when it was raining really hard. Not accurate in some places.
    07-11-09 05:18 PM
    i have myweather lite and it's awesome! it's pretty simple and has what I need...i love it!
    07-13-09 12:22 PM
    Hi,

The forecast icon is no longer installed by default but can still be added to the application through the WeatherBug Portal. This was done to support users who did always hide the icon.

To add the icon:
    1) go to your WeatherBug Setting (in your BlackBerry options)
    2) select "WeatherBug Portal" from the menu
    3) select "WeatherBug Direct Extensions" from the list
    4) highlight "WeatherBug Forecast" in the list and select details from the menu
    5) select "Install" from the menu

This will install the new icon and link it with the application.

If you have any problems please click "report problems" from within WeatherBug Settings

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Eddie,

I can not find the Weatherbug setting in my Blackberry options. If I go to "Advanced Option" I select "Applications" and get to Weatherbug, but it only give me the Properties. What am i missing?

-Blackberry 9530
    -v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)
    07-13-09 04:49 PM
    I agree. weather eye is not very accurate. Said it was about 10 degrees hotter than it actually was.

I'd wish weather underground had an app, as I've found their temp reports to be the most accurate around here.

Thinking of trying weatherbug, but I remember reading that at some point it had huge memory leak problems. Is this still true?
    07-13-09 06:07 PM
    weatherbug
    07-13-09 10:43 PM
    I think BBWeather beats the pants off the other free weather apps... but I use BerryWeather (not free, but OH SO SLICK!)
    07-14-09 04:10 AM
    This Weather App works like a charm on my BB Bold 9700. The GUI is just what i was looking for, but i read where someone wrote that it only updates every hour, but there is an option where it updates every 15 mins, maybe that was an older version, now it is time to see how accurate it is.
    Last edited by whb456; 07-19-10 at 10:37 AM.
    07-19-10 10:32 AM
    I have all the apps. But for some reason it dowent show on the home screen. Tried everything. Recently bought my 9700. Installed weather theme also. But same thing. Recommend a detail walkthrough and theme if posssible. PLEASEEEE
    07-19-10 04:12 PM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD