Just saw on pinstack - there's a link for a free download of vlingo (both DM and OTA)

Voice activated dialing, speech to text, voice-activated menus, web searches, etc.
    06-25-08 09:42 AM
    Got the email about this and D/Led it. Very cool app. Open almost anything on your BB with a voice command.
    06-25-08 10:07 AM
    yep! like it alot, very cool free app
    06-25-08 10:08 AM
    Just d/l'ed it also. Now I'm not so mad
    about having to give up TellMe. This looks
    very promising.
    06-25-08 10:13 AM
    Hey Guys,

Does Vlingo replace the BB applications software?

in other words, if you wanted to send a regular text by typing, can you still do it that way.

I downloaded the program, but stopped short of running as it said it changes all the permissions on the phone. I felt like vlingo was going to take over my phone??? What do yo all think?

Thank you in advance!
    06-25-08 10:55 AM
    Hey Guys,

Does Vlingo replace the BB applications software?

in other words, if you wanted to send a regular text by typing, can you still do it that way.

I downloaded the program, but stopped short of running as it said it changes all the permissions on the phone. I felt like vlingo was going to take over my phone??? What do yo all think?

Thank you in advance!
    You can still operate the BB as usual, no worries.
    06-25-08 10:57 AM
    thanks for the quick response Chaz! So you don't have a problem with all the settings it changes on your phone?
    06-25-08 10:59 AM
    Ok, so the program allows you to still use your BB as usual AND use the Vlingo program when you choose? Is the software reliable or do you find yourself screaming into your BB slowly speaking to get it to recognize your commands?
    06-25-08 11:05 AM
    It works great. Normal speaking voice, works every time once you know how to word it. No problems with any settings at all.
    06-25-08 11:06 AM
    umm.... i just got a prompt telling me that the setting have become more restrictive and the device needs to be reset, any words of wisdom
    06-25-08 11:08 AM
    umm.... i just got a prompt telling me that the setting have become more restrictive and the device needs to be reset, any words of wisdom
    I got the same message, but I just reset my BB and it worked fine.
    06-25-08 11:34 AM
    I got the same message, but I just reset my BB and it worked fine.
    that is comforting i got rid of it in fear i would lose my berry and i can't handle that again, little sad i know, but thanks for the response i'm gonna reinstall and give it a go round again. i was really digging it too, but tryin to get the hang of the wordin so i can open the apps
    06-25-08 12:10 PM
    And it even works through my Bluetooth headset. Cool.
    06-25-08 12:11 PM
    Okay, the cynic in me wants to know what they, Vlingo, gets out of offering what appears to be a very powerful application for FREE?
    06-25-08 03:22 PM
    hey guys how do i dl and install using DM??
    i dont have internet on my phone yet, hopefully later this week.
    any way i can get this??
    06-25-08 03:46 PM
    hey guys how do i dl and install using DM??
    i dont have internet on my phone yet, hopefully later this week.
    any way i can get this??
    Go to the following page and in the FAQ go to the advice for 4.5 OS there is a link to the download for DM

vlingo� Frequently Asked Questions
    06-25-08 03:57 PM
    Okay, the cynic in me wants to know what they, Vlingo, gets out of offering what appears to be a very powerful application for FREE?
    F2, I was thinking along the same lines.... usually it is advertisers and such that pay.

I am still a little hesitant to run the program
    06-25-08 04:14 PM
    And it even works through my Bluetooth headset. Cool.
    Hmmmmmm - not thru mine. I couldn't find any settings that would control that. Using Plantronics 650E that works with 2 phones at the same time. Maybe that is why. I'll try another.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 09:31 PM
    I keep getting a screen of information, saying that the permissions still are not set, even though they appear to correct. Could this be caused by my being on a corporate BES?

---Michael

06-25-08 10:20 PM
    ok, I decided to run the vlingo app. Everything went very smooth, and it is quite amazing. Short messages seem to work great. More than a sentence and it doesn't always get the wording right....so working on that. Works so much better than the voice dialing that came on the BB.

My phone is a Curve 8330 and works great with my moto bluetooth H700
    06-25-08 10:40 PM
    i had successfully installed vlingo and got it to run and everything but i started running into problems. i don't know if its because of vlingo specifically but it accorded after i installed vlingo and started using it. after a few tries, my speaker + mic would "die" (the speakers would stop working and the mic would stop working) and i would have to do a battery pull. after the battery pull, the speaker and mic would work but after another few uses of vlingo my speaker + mic would "die" again... is anyone else experiencing this?
    06-26-08 02:35 PM
    Everytime I install this it gives me some error.

06-28-08 04:50 PM
    Speaking of problems my browser wouldn't work after I installed it even though it didn't work. I had all settings accurate.

06-28-08 04:53 PM
    Awesome app!

It's working fine for me,...I just have to get used to speaking out the punctuations (i.e. period,exclamation mark,question mark) when composing an email or text message.
    01-14-09 09:04 AM
    Awesome app!

It's working fine for me,...I just have to get used to speaking out the punctuations (i.e. period,exclamation mark,question mark) when composing an email or text message.
    Yeah I love this program too!

I was showing it to my girlfriend all excited, and she became a smart-*** and said what if you need to spell out "question mark" or the word "period"? She pretty much stumped me and I said well I guess I'll have to type that out if the need ever arises. The Biotch.
    01-14-09 02:04 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD