I think you're correct, and I always forget, never argue with an !diot they drag you down to their level and always win due to experience

Not to mention the app this person is pushing doesn't even do as much as the other 2 apps seem to, so I guess it's a cheesy rip off to then, doesn't have all the features oh noes just not good enough.... burn the witch!
    Hello,
    now after following this and other Threads about the topic I have to post my opinion on that:
    delta_foxtrot2, I totally respect that you release it as freeware and that you are so passionate about the BuzzMe application.
    My VibAndRing application is around since June '08, so since quite a while now; Many CrackBerry Forum Members are happy with the VibAndRing application. Through the help of these people, the application has gone to where it is now. Big THANK YOU to all the supporters! I charge money for the application because I want to get payed for my effort and for updating the application.
    No one (developer) can tell me that he is as passionate about his application when it is freeware as when it is commercial. The VibAndRing application has only been updated because Members eMailed me telling me what they like and what they don't like; what they would change and what they would add.
    Thank you again for helping me creating this application and thank you to every single one of you who bought VibAndRing!

Yours,
    -Fabian
    02-02-09 04:55 PM
    Maybe I'm missing the point why anyone is arguing about a free app...

Either you like it and use it, or you don't and you don't use it.
    02-02-09 05:08 PM
    Maybe I'm missing the point why anyone is arguing about a free app...

Either you like it and use it, or you don't and you don't use it.
    He's just pissed off and being childish because he paid for an app when he could have gotten relatively the same functionality for free.

BTW - Thanks for the Freeware!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:45 PM
    delta_foxtrot2, I totally respect that you release it as freeware and that you are so passionate about the BuzzMe application.
    Don't take my comments as a disparagement about your application, I tried to approach the topic tactfully but some people need the sort of tact that would be equivalent of a shovel blade to the face to get a point.

My point was simple, and you made the same point in face, you have been making your app since June 08, I've been working on Buzz Me for about a week, why would Buzz Me have the same feature set when the amount of time spent on the applications is vastly different, but the person in question was determined to bad mouth me and/or my app because it's free it must be bad.
    02-02-09 05:49 PM
    Yeah!Great stuff! There is a half second delay but hey,who cares, it's free and it's working!Great job, Delta!
    Some people work round this by enabling 1 vibe on the internal profile, but it seems to be an OS bug, or at least the OS doesn't notify the 3rd party apps at the same time as it does it's own apps.
    02-02-09 06:24 PM
    Some people work round this by enabling 1 vibe on the internal profile, but it seems to be an OS bug, or at least the OS doesn't notify the 3rd party apps at the same time as it does it's own apps.
    Oh,donKt get me wrong,I was just merely signaling it as (maybe) a bug report,it quite unnoticeable! Your app really works and works perfect!Good job and thank you.

02-03-09 04:10 PM
    Thanks OP!

Great app. I've been on the fence about V&R due to price, was waiting for a really good discount. This gives me 90% of what I wanted so it's almost perfect! Thanks!

02-03-09 04:26 PM
    This gives me 90% of what I wanted so it's almost perfect!
    What's the other 10% you wanted?
    02-03-09 04:53 PM
    how do you load this software on the phone?
    02-03-09 07:24 PM
    how do you load this software on the phone?
    type the url into the blackberry browser and do an Over The Air (OTA) install
    02-03-09 07:43 PM
    Thanks delta foxtrot2
    Nice simple free app What more could anyone want.
    02-03-09 07:58 PM
    You have to set your profile to "tone". That's all you have to do. If you put it on "vibrate+tone" it won't work. Oh, and of course you need to make sure the app is enabled too!
    That is awesome. The amazing thing is that it was on the site. Why does no one ever try to read the instructions?

BTW, thanks for developing this app.
    Last edited by jaystroup00; 02-03-09 at 09:55 PM.
    02-03-09 09:38 PM
    Why does no one ever try to read the instructions?
    I've only been writing the FAQ in the last day or so, I got sick of answering the same questions over and over
    02-04-09 12:41 AM
    WTF user definable settings? There is vib on or off. BTW love the app thank you!!! Forever in your debt.
    Voodoo

02-04-09 09:46 AM
    I've only had the software installed for 10 minutes, and I already LOVE IT!

One request, can you add the option to the settings page/FAQ redirect icon to make setting Tone vibrate and ring across ALL options (including SMS, email, calendar, etc.)?
    02-04-09 03:38 PM
    Hey guys keep in mind this is a free software and he will work on it when time allows.

02-04-09 03:48 PM
    One request, can you add the option to the settings page/FAQ redirect icon to make setting Tone vibrate and ring across ALL options (including SMS, email, calendar, etc.)?
    This is what I'm hoping for one day as well...
    02-04-09 03:51 PM
    Thanks for the link to BuzzMe .....I did miss my phone vibrating and ringing......:-)
    02-04-09 05:54 PM
    Im incredibly excited to TRY and download this... however, this is my second time downloading it to my curve and i have it saying "Enable Vibration" but it doesnt vibrate. What am i doing wrong? I have my profile set to "normal".
    02-04-09 07:05 PM
    Nice little app and the price is right. It works as advertised. I probably will not enable it by default...I need my "silent" profile to mean "silent" and I don't want to change two settings to get my silence.

I wonder why RIM doesn't allow access to the sound profiles to 3rd party apps? I could see a lot of apps that would want to obey the currently selected profile.

Just out of curiosity, what is so bad about alternating ring and vibrate? Based on the existence of all these apps and the number of people that use them, I presume there are good reasons. I just can't think of any in my usage situations...
    02-07-09 06:13 PM
    Nice little app wors great with my 8900.

Thanks!
    02-07-09 06:45 PM
    is this 4 phones with out the vibe ring already?
    02-07-09 08:41 PM
    Wonderful app, good job!
    Like what others have said, if this could enable vibe for sms and emails and what not, it'd be even better.
    02-08-09 12:41 PM
    Im incredibly excited to TRY and download this... however, this is my second time downloading it to my curve and i have it saying "Enable Vibration" but it doesnt vibrate. What am i doing wrong? I have my profile set to "normal".
    It's a toggle, if you see "enable" you need to click it to enable it.
    02-09-09 06:00 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD