View Poll Results: Preferred Free Screenshot App?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • CaptureIt

12 40.00%
  • ZonaSnap

15 50.00%
  • Other

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hi there, I was looking for feedback.
    Please respond ONLY if you have tried BOTH CaptureIt and ZonaSnap, unless you have another free App to suggest as well.

(I'm trying to avoid the "Yeah CaptureIt rocks!" and "+1 for ZonaSnap" from people who haven't tried both!)

Thanks in advance for the info!
    08-27-09 08:16 PM
    I had both but picked zonasnap..with zonasnap you can preview the pic before saving it. It also opens a popup window to add the pic right to a email or mms. Zonasnap is much easier and user friendly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 08:34 PM
    i choose capture it, because i can't understand the zona snap menu (non english menu)
    08-27-09 08:45 PM
    i use other... the one thats built in to the quicklaunch app. it sends it directly to my photobucket account.
    08-27-09 09:07 PM
    Zonasnap. It's so easy to get my snapshots where I want em. One click to email or photobucket. It just works better for me and more conveniently, imo.

08-27-09 09:45 PM
    Zonasnap. It's so easy to get my snapshots where I want em. One click to email or photobucket. It just works better for me and more conveniently, imo.

+1
    08-27-09 09:53 PM
    ZonaSnap for me
    08-27-09 11:11 PM
    i choose capture it, because i can't understand the zona snap menu (non english menu)

ZonaSnap in my opinion is much better because it offers more functionality.

@DetectiveBerry: The English version of ZonaSnap can be downloaded from Mobihand by the name ZonaSnap (English).

Regards
    08-28-09 12:39 AM
    i use other... the one thats built in to the quicklaunch app. it sends it directly to my photobucket account.
    Yeah, me too!
    08-28-09 12:53 AM
    I use the one built into QuickLaunch as well. Gets the job done.
    08-28-09 01:18 AM
    I use ZonaZnap because is easy to use and send to photobucket, an email or just save the image in a folder created by the application.

The image resolution is optimal and with real size as the BlackBerry screen.

I recommend this application extensively.

I used CaptureIt but has no options with facilities for sending images.

This is the link of the application in English
    zonablackberry.com.ve/forum/download/desarrollo/javiergv/ZonaSnap_English_Version/ZonaSnap_OTA/ZonaSnap.jad
    08-28-09 01:32 AM
    Captureit for me. Faster imo

08-28-09 01:43 AM
    i didnt know about zonasnap until right now. just installed it and i already like it better than captureit. i like having the options of canceling the screenshot or sending it through email. id sometimes accidentally select captureit in a menu and its a little annoying having to go to my photos to delete the file.
    08-28-09 04:04 AM
    I liked ZonaSnap at first but eventually removed it. Having it appear at the top of the menu got old as I periodically would select it by mistake in moving icons around.

Aside from that I did like it more than the other and thought a different placement for it on the menu would have made it a keeper for me.

Right now I'm just using Screen Cap for the times I need a screen capture. The downside of it is that you have to have your BB connected USB style but it eliminates my menu mistakes...
    08-28-09 07:18 AM
    The downside of both programs is that you cannot take a snapshot of a BB Menu. You need to hook up to usb for that - unless I've missed something.
    08-28-09 10:25 AM
    The downside of both programs is that you cannot take a snapshot of a BB Menu. You need to hook up to usb for that - unless I've missed something.
    By BB Menu, do you mean the Icon Screen? (i.e. What shows up if you were on the Homescreen and pressed the MENU button? The whole screen of Icons for all your Apps?)
    If you press MENU, the top choice will be CaptureIt. (Or ZonaSnap, I think!)
    Or, if the CaptureIt Icon is on the screen, clicking the actual Icon itself will take the shot too.
    I don't know if the ZonaSnap Icon worls like this too, or if it opens up the App for selecting options.

For the Homescreen, you have 2 choices, either the CaptureIt must be one of your Homescreen Icons or one of your side Convenience Keys.

08-28-09 11:28 AM
    Oh sorry, if you actually meant taking a shot of a MENU, you have to assign the App to one of your side Convenience Keys. Sometimes, you have to just do this temporarily if you need/prefer the side buttons to be otherwise assigned.

08-28-09 11:31 AM
    CaptureIt for me, super fast and easy...

08-28-09 11:32 AM
    CaptureIt for me, super fast and easy...

SD, had you tried ZonaSnap?

PS Which theme is that and what is the thermometer app? Is that causing the 84 degrees showing at the bottom ---different than the 72 on you weather app? What is it reading?

08-28-09 11:38 AM
    SD, had you tried ZonaSnap?

PS Which theme is that and what is the thermometer app? Is that causing the 84 degrees showing at the bottom ---different than the 72 on you weather app? What is it reading?
    Yes, I prefer CaptureIt. The thermometer you're referring to is the temperature my device is running at. It's an application called MeterBerry, you can set the icon to rotate every 10-30 seconds, showing you free memory, time since last reboot, memory lost, battery level. Very cool application. The theme I am using is this one, it's the weather version.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/os...light=osx+tour
    08-28-09 01:00 PM
    You can take pics of BB Menu. You select CaptureIt from Menu, then quickly hit Menu key before the app takes the pic.
    08-28-09 02:20 PM
    I just set CaptureIt to my left side convienience key, you can take a screenshot of anything then...
    08-28-09 02:31 PM
    zonasnap used to freeze my Curve besides I never knew how to tak a picture of my menu or txt, I do like capture it I think that its really user friendly.
    08-28-09 02:36 PM
    Oh sorry, if you actually meant taking a shot of a MENU, you have to assign the App to one of your side Convenience Keys. Sometimes, you have to just do this temporarily if you need/prefer the side buttons to be otherwise assigned.

Yes, I did mean an ACTUAL MENU.

I will consider the convenience key option
    08-28-09 02:37 PM
    I just set CaptureIt to my left side convienience key, you can take a screenshot of anything then...
    Captureit on a convenince key... It was meant to be there!
    08-28-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD