This free premium apps are really free or there is a catch to it? I mean what happen if I load a new OS to my phone and try to re-download these "free premium" apps in lets say a year from now? Will they load to my phone through App World using the same user ID or will I get an error saying that the app is not available?

Some people say, you can't just download them and delete them for later download, which implies once I download the RIM's free app, I cannot delete them and re-download them for any reason. Is this true? If it is true, the apps are not really "free" in my opinion.
    10-21-11 07:43 AM
    I think once you dl them you have them for life. As long as you dl them before Dec 31. Even if u switch devices or whatever, all the apps should be tied on your Blackberry ID.
    mssca likes this.
    10-21-11 08:03 AM
    I think once you dl them you have them for life. As long as you dl them before Dec 31. Even if u switch devices or whatever, all the apps should be tied on your Blackberry ID.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. As long as you use your current BB ID on a new device, App World should keep track of your purchases. You will notice that if you delete an app from your phone that was purchased/Downloaded from App world, it will still show up in your list of apps under uninstalled. Here you can select and reinstall the latest version if so desired.
    10-21-11 08:21 AM
    I hope we will be able to download the updates for these "free apps" when it happens.
    Once, I downloaded several themes (free for a limited of time) but I couldn't download the update.I had the message: update available only for the "paid" version.
    I hope it will not be the same for these apps.
    10-21-11 10:40 AM
    I hope we will be able to download the updates for these "free apps" when it happens.
    Once, I downloaded several themes (free for a limited of time) but I couldn't download the update.I had the message: update available only for the "paid" version.
    I haven't thought of that....

I hope so to.
    10-21-11 11:02 AM
    Sorry guys I have bad news... Yes as long as we use the same BB ID, we can use it. However, the updates are up to the app developers to provide. In other words, if they decided to give you free update for us, we get it and if not, they will only provide the update for the people who actually paid with their account. The free apps we get now goes as paid by RIM not by our Blackberry ID so they know how to separate them.
    10-21-11 02:59 PM
    Bad news indeed :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 04:12 PM
    Sorry guys I have bad news... Yes as long as we use the same BB ID, we can use it. However, the updates are up to the app developers to provide. In other words, if they decided to give you free update for us, we get it and if not, they will only provide the update for the people who actually paid with their account. The free apps we get now goes as paid by RIM not by our Blackberry ID so they know how to separate them.
    I can see that if a developer offered a free version of the app, that they would distinguish those downloads from paid downloads. But if the app developer is getting paid by RIM for downloads of "complimentary" apps, isn't that a paid app from their perspective? Why would they care if it is RIM's money or the customer's?
    Last edited by CharlesH; 10-21-11 at 08:50 PM.
    10-21-11 08:47 PM
    So far, the two apps available (drivesafe.ly and some bubble bash) have gotten the worst reviews.
    10-22-11 02:11 AM
    So RIM is giving away the worst apps? :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD