Our most popular app, Call Blocker Pro, has just underwent a MAJOR rewrite and is now the most feature rich call blocker on the market!

Here are some of the many changes we have made:

• We now run inside the Options menu to provide more consistency.
    • A quick-enable/disable app icon is now added, and changes text and icon based on whether Call Blocker Professional is active
    • Back up and restore from SD card! Don't lose your settings when you upgrade OSs!
    • New Timer Mode allows you to automatically enable and disable Call Blocker Professional at whatever time you want
    • Exclusions (white list) to allow you to allow certain numbers through regardless of other rules (e.g. you can have Block All on, but still allow family members)
    • Online help and support page for up to the minute support (Not yet written, but you guys are power-users! If you have feedback on what you would like to see in the help, let us know here.)
    • Ability to block Private and Unknown numbers separately
    • Refresh of options page for better usability
    • New name--Call Blocker Professional (okay, fine, that's not a feature )

In order to make sure it is ready for prime time, we need your help! Here is what you can do:

1. Download the version for your device
    2. Post your findings here

That's it!

Download Links
    4.7+ (Storm, Storm2, Bold, Bold 9700, Tour, Curve 8900)
    4.5+ (Curve 8800 and 8300 series)

Please keep in mind, this is a PRE-RELEASE BETA app, and may have bugs. We will do our best to fix anything you find quickly, but please bear with us.

The beta will disable itself around midnight, December 7th. At that time, we will either release an updated beta, or have the final version ready to go!
    12-06-09 05:07 PM
    I also forgot to mention:
    - Now blocks calls even on Call Waiting
    - Now has a blocked call log with a list of every blocked call, reason, time and ability to call them back!
    12-06-09 06:36 PM
    I will definitely be testing this. I loved the free version, so I can only imagine how I'll feel about the pro
    12-06-09 06:46 PM
    Please post your findings here.
    12-06-09 07:22 PM
    Just downloaded. It didn't set the interactions permissions but it did set the others. Looks like it requires a reboot as well to get it to show in the options menu. Will post more as I use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 07:27 PM
    Can you explain more what you mean by the permissions not being set?
    12-06-09 07:28 PM
    Just downloaded. It didn't set the interactions permissions but it did set the others. Looks like it requires a reboot as well to get it to show in the options menu. Will post more as I use it.

Also, for me on 5.0, it doesn't require a restart.
    12-06-09 07:30 PM
    I just rebooted and it's now showing in the options list. It wasn't prior.
    The first time I opened the app it did the thing where it asked to confirm the
    Permissions but it only asked to set connections and user data to allow. Shouldn't the interactions permissions be set to allow as well? I went into the app permissions myself and set that.

12-06-09 07:39 PM
    By the way I am on 5.0 as well.

12-06-09 07:40 PM
    When you click the icon for the first time, it should prompt you for permissions.
    12-06-09 09:11 PM
    That's exactly what I said 2 posts up.. It did, but only for 2 of the 3 settings and would it not need interactions permissions to invoke keystrokes?

12-06-09 09:13 PM
    Oh, for me, when I run the icon without input simulation set, I get a pop up prompting to allow it. This is after install which asks me for the two others.
    12-06-09 09:14 PM
    Ok for some reason then I didn't get the second prompting. I only got the first. Other than that it seems to be running ok.

12-06-09 09:16 PM
    Good to hear, any feedback? Features you'd like to see or things that aren't clear?
    12-06-09 09:17 PM
    Also, did it prompt you for Trusted App? When you say yes to that, you dont need to worry about anything else.
    12-06-09 09:18 PM
    No, everything is very clear and easy to use. It seems to be a great app.
    Yes, it did prompt me for trusted app, I set yes.

12-07-09 12:15 AM
    No, everything is very clear and easy to use. It seems to be a great app.
    Yes, it did prompt me for trusted app, I set yes.

Seems like it all works well once you do that.
    12-07-09 12:17 AM
    Downloaded, installed.. did not ask to be added to Trusted App Status, had to reboot to get it to show in the Options menu. I manually set the permissions before I downloaded, so maybe that had something to do with it. Will see how this works for today, and report back. I'm on 5.0 hybrid .328/.371 from Lyracidal.
    12-07-09 08:24 AM
    I will be posting another free open beta tonight.
    12-07-09 09:58 PM
    I will be posting another free open beta tonight.
    Can't wait

12-07-09 10:50 PM
    Posted! You may want to remove the previous one first, but let me know how update goes as well.
    12-07-09 11:12 PM
    Cool thanks

12-08-09 12:56 AM
    New build, 5.18, has been posted!

Download for OS 4.6+
    Download for OS 4.5-

This build will expire on December 14th.

New Features:

• Auto SMS reply
      • Configurable option to send SMS to blocked callers
      • You have the option of turning it off entirely, prompting you before sending, and auto-sending
      • When set to prompt, a dialog appears after a blocked call offering a one click button to send SMS
      • You can pick the text to send and save it in options for auto-send, or enter after each call for prompt.

• Indicator icon for 4.6+
      • An indicator icon now appears when CBP is enabled. You can disable this feature in options.

• Bug Fixes
      • App icons swapped to be more clear. Crossed out circle means enabled (calls blocked), and checkmark means disabled (calls allowed)
      • Some fixes to the way lists worked. You can now press backspace to delete a number or prefix, and can simply press the trackball on a blocked call log or add from call log lists to open the related screens instead of having to go through the menu.

There is a known issue with backup and restore which may cause a bit of strangeness with prefixes.
    12-10-09 02:30 AM
    Once this is released to the public will this just be a free upgrade to the people that already have CBP??????
    12-10-09 07:32 AM
    As a current user of Call Blocker Pro, I have to say, nice update.
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any note to remove the previous (Public) version, figuring it would replace it. But it doesn't.

The only problem I've noticed so far, is I can't get the notification icon to go away. I've changed the setting in options, and gone to the app icon and enabled/disabled the app, but the notification icon is still there, regardless if the option is checked or not, and regardless if the app is enabled or not.

Any chance of a future feature change of a per number setting for the voice mail/hang up setting. In other words, I'd like to allow some blocked numbers to go to voice mail, but some to get the hang up.

Thanks again for a nice update.
    12-10-09 03:54 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD