Sorry if this seems NOOBISH,but am new to the blackberry scene.
    Anyways,am not sure if this is the right place for it, but am looking a free office application, that would allow me to open,read & possibly edit stuff like ms word,& excel.
    01-04-10 10:40 PM
    Im not sure if a free one exist that will let you do all that. I have been looking for one since i got my Storm, but haven't found a free one.
    01-04-10 10:51 PM
    Docs to Go will do this, it should be pre-installed on your BB. Or are you looking for a program to pull these files off your desktop remotely?
    01-04-10 10:57 PM
    Docs to Go will do this, it should be pre-installed on your BB. Or are you looking for a program to pull these files off your desktop remotely?
    I believe he wants something similart to docs to go, but a free one. The free version of docs to go doesn't let u do much.
    01-05-10 12:44 AM
    I could be wrong, but I think the free version of docs to go only lets you read files and not much else.
    01-05-10 12:54 AM
    yes am looking for something that allows me to read documents<and make minor edits to excel sheets.
    Also I think I may have accidentally deleted documents to go , but i will try and reinstall it.

HOW DO YOU REINSTALL IT ?
    01-05-10 07:37 AM
    the free version of Docs 2 Go lets you do everything you asked about. The only thing it cant do is create new docs or open saved pdf files (both of which are possible in the premium version)
    01-05-10 11:23 AM
    ok thanks, i re-downloaded it
    01-05-10 11:56 AM
    HOW DO YOU REINSTALL IT ?
    In Device Manager go to Application Loader, and make sure Docs to Go is selected. I'm not sure you but you might be able to get the free version through the Data Viz website.

And yes, it does a pretty good job at editing documents, both word and excel. In word you just can't change some of the paragraph settings, and other minor things. In Excel, you aren't able to format cells very well.

What I have done is created a Word document on my computer, formatted just how I want it, then saved it as a read only file. I emailed it to myself, then saved it to my BB. I can go into Word to Go, open it up and write my paper for school, and then save it. It keeps the blank one and the one I just edited. That blank one will always be there. I then email it to myself again to review on a computer and print it out. I do the same with Excel, but can be a little more difficult to work with.

For viewing files though, it works great, I have never needed the premium version. Although if it's ever on sale again for 20 bucks I might buy it.
    01-05-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD