Incase you guys missed it Verizon is offering free NFL mobile without the need to sign up for Vcast. Picture quality is pretty impressive over 3g. Its free today till Monday nights game only. Unhide it, download and check it out!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 08:16 PM
    hmmm.. I'm trying to get the stream for the bears game. It's not working right now.
    11-18-10 09:03 PM
    Odd, watching it with no problems

11-18-10 09:12 PM
    I don't understand this pay thing for the NFL Mobile app I keep on hearing. I've been using it all season, and I don't use Vcast Videos, or any Vcast thing, at all (would never pay for something like that). Nothing shows up on my bill, and I've never had any pop-ups tell me I'll be charged either. I did see the notice you mentioned though last weekend, which confused me even more...

Am I just lucky? Both my 9550 and 9650 have no issues using it for no cost. Did I get in at a good time? Or is Verizon just dumb?
    11-18-10 09:27 PM
    Are you actually watching live games? There was some thing over the summer where Verizon was offering free Mobile NFL if you originally downloaded within a certain time period. Maybe that?

11-18-10 09:33 PM
    Yea live games. There's even been a few times that I had a choice between a couple games. I'm not sure it was when I downloaded it, I think it was after the official season started, maybe towards the end of preseason. I have had to re-download it after some OS upgrades though too.

I'm not really much of a NFL fan (don't like watching a bunch of rich pricks showing off, I love the effort and passion of college football though) so I don't use the app much. It's used pretty much to show off to my iPhone and Android friends. But like I said, I've never had to pay for it or have been notified that I will need to pay for it though, just strange to me...
    11-18-10 09:49 PM
    That's rather intersting, ridesno159. I get a little nervous when I see that VCAST logo when I launch a stream. For those who pay for VCAST, is it really worth it?
    11-18-10 09:52 PM
    It normally won't even play. Just gives me a popup saying I need to sign up to Vcast. I can't accidentally watch a video and get charged for it later. I've tried

lssanjose likes this.
    11-18-10 09:58 PM
    Well now you both are making me kind of nervous...

But yea, I've always been able to view it no problems, and have never seen a popup asking me to sign up. I religiously look at my bill each month too, and would definitely notice a $10 added charged.

If I remember next week/weekend I'll post some screenshots when it's not suppose to be free.
    11-18-10 10:07 PM
    If you had nfl mobile before Sept then you don't need vcast video to watch live games or video highlights. Verizon decided to charge for live video after the start of football season. I forgot to turn vcast off after the worldcup so when I downloaded nfl mobil it worked and have since cancelled my vcast video but NFL mobile still works.

lssanjose likes this.
    11-18-10 10:12 PM
    interesting. I somewhat regret, all those wipes, and tinkering of phone OSes. I do remember getting NFL Mobile when it initially released. also, I'm more worried because I'm on Android, and not the BlackBerry I used to download the program.
    11-18-10 10:23 PM
    i don't pay for vcast and use the nfl app all the time.
    11-19-10 01:25 PM
    Although I had the early release of NFL Mobile I can only recall being able to watch one game, that being the prime time game, all the rest of the games I could listen too. I even sent the COD/ALX files to a fellow crackberrian. If i'm not mistaken I remember seeing a message saying the Thurs and Primetime Monday games would be available to watch. I was recently given a free upgrade to a Storm2 and everything appears to be just as it was b4. My question is are you saying you can watch every and any game for free, even without the purchase of Vcast?
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 11-19-10 at 02:09 PM.
    11-19-10 01:57 PM
    Although I had the early release of NFL Mobile I can only recall being able to watch one game, that being the prime time game, all the rest of the games I could listen too. I even sent the COD/ALX files to a fellow crackberrian. If i'm not mistaken I remember seeing a message saying the Thurs and Primetime Monday games would be available to watch. I was recently given a free upgrade to a Storm2 and everything appears to be just as it was b4. My question is are you saying you can watch every and any game for free, even without the purchase of Vcast?
    You get a 24/7 live stream of NFL Network, and that includes the Thursday night NFL games, BUT they do black out the CFL games. Actually they show alternate programing during CFL games. You also get the NBC Sunday night game, AND the Sunday day RedZone Channel which shows action from multiple games. And as you mentioned you get audio feeds of the other games. There is also video on demand videos you can watch any time. Many folks get it free, if you were a verizon customer before a certain point and you tried NFL Mobile before a certain date. I get it free this season for example. And if you DON'T get it free, then you must subscribe to Vcast Videos to get it for 10 per month, BUT you get all the Vcast content too, which includes, mini shows, video clips, AND full episodes, on demand of network TV shows. With BOTH NFL Mobile & VCast Videos it's worth the 10 per month. Although I'm happy with just NFL Mobile for free.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    11-19-10 02:15 PM
    No, it's not every game. Well, like Monday and Thursday night games are always on there. But on Sunday it's usually just like a choice between a couple of them.

Like a couple weeks ago... I had 3 choices, one was like on the NFL Network channel, the other was like Red Zone channel, and then there was the NBC Sunday night game. The Sunday night game was obviously later on, but it showed when it was going to play. I think it was a choice between those channels, not really sure what they were exactly though. I remember because I was sitting in the deer stand on Sunday evening playing around with it.

Edit: Thanks PK that explains a lot to me, like I said, I'm not a big NFL fan, but was just confused because this wasn't the first time I noticed people having to pay for this.
    11-19-10 02:16 PM
    You get a 24/7 live stream of NFL Network, and that includes the Thursday night NFL games, BUT they do black out the CFL games. Actually they show alternate programing during CFL games. You also get the NBC Sunday night game, AND the Sunday day RedZone Channel which shows action from multiple games. And as you mentioned you get audio feeds of the other games. There is also video on demand videos you can watch any time. Many folks get it free, if you were a verizon customer before a certain point and you tried NFL Mobile before a certain date. I get it free this season for example. And if you DON'T get it free, then you must subscribe to Vcast Videos to get it for 10 per month, BUT you get all the Vcast content too, which includes, mini shows, video clips, AND full episodes, on demand of network TV shows. With BOTH NFL Mobile & VCast Videos it's worth the 10 per month. Although I'm happy with just NFL Mobile for free.
    Thanks PK, I need to check my old backups to see if I have the files from b4 Sept. I've been a customer for a long time, and I remember jumping on NFL Mobile way back when... And b4 gettin my S2 i remember seeing all three channel choices. Yay! more tinkering to do with my Berry. Thanks again!
    11-19-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD