There is probably about 2 million threads about this. I was wondering if there is a free IM app that supports Facebook chat, or allows my phone to reply to someone on MSN who is appearing offline. I don't really like E-Buddy in the web browser and it looks like Nimbuzz + Palringo do not work with the latest Storm 2 OS. Apparently Instango works with Facebook but it looks like it takes about 2 years to connect.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 02-05-10 at 01:46 AM.
    02-05-10 01:43 AM
    Currently, those are the only choices:

eBuddy, Palringo, Nimbuzz, and Instango.

Of course, the paid apps seem to work with the newer OS versions (IM+ and BeeJive).
    02-05-10 08:44 AM
    There is probably about 2 million threads about this.
    Yeah, you're right - there are a lot of posts on this topic. But, you can't go wrong with BeeJive. It is well worth the $15, and there's no other IM app that can compare....it's just one of the best BB apps available.
    02-05-10 09:03 AM
    Currently, those are the only choices:

eBuddy, Palringo, Nimbuzz, and Instango.

Of course, the paid apps seem to work with the newer OS versions (IM+ and BeeJive).
    Yeah, you're right - there are a lot of posts on this topic. But, you can't go wrong with BeeJive. It is well worth the $15, and there's no other IM app that can compare....it's just one of the best BB apps available.
    I think I may buy beejive although I don't really buy apps (Well not really for BB, since most of the stuff you need is free. I don't have a Touch, since I'm still deciding to buy a 32/64GB or wait for the rumoured new ones). I finally got Instango to connect and when I added my MSN account, the window just doesn't open. Nimbuzz and Palringo seems to not be working with 5.0.0.436. Palringo just opens the full screen keyboard on my menu.

I tried downgrading but I can't for some reason and I've done it before. I don't particularly like the latest update, for example; sometimes my phone doesn't ring when it's on loud. It also never vibrates when I get a message on BBM. When I plug it into DM it always "upgrades" to 5.0.0.436.

Question: Do any of these apps and IM+ allow me to do multi convo on skype? Would be cool to have that and Facebook chat.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 02-05-10 at 09:55 AM.
    02-05-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD