Hey,

Was wondering if there were any free flashlight apps around that don't have annoying popups begging you to "upgrade" everytime you launch the app or doesn't launch your web browser? I don't know why this stuff is allowed on app world. They just let anything go up on their store!

These developers that do this crap are not making any money off of me, begging me with all that drama to upgrade by frustrating the heck out of me. When will people learn...
    04-16-12 09:45 AM
    Hey,

Was wondering if there were any free flashlight apps around that don't have annoying popups begging you to "upgrade" everytime you launch the app or doesn't launch your web browser? I don't know why this stuff is allowed on app world. They just let anything go up on their store!

These developers that do this crap are not making any money off of me, begging me with all that drama to upgrade by frustrating the heck out of me. When will people learn...
    and when will you learn to check the most downloaded apps in App World "Top 25 Free Apps ", hint hint
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 04-16-12 at 10:25 AM.
    04-16-12 10:16 AM
    ohh look how sassy ms thing is
    04-16-12 10:28 AM
    Hey,

When will people learn that you get what you pay for...

The real problem is that people don't realize that the free offerings are to provide limited function to entice users to adopt the paid versions of those applications or additional application offerings from a said developer. Developers are trying to make a living. It's like the sample server in your local grocery store giving you a 1 inch square sample of chocolate cake to entice you to buy the whole cake if you like it.

Appworld has nothing to do with a user's wishes to upgrade an application or not to have more functionality. I just LoL at statements like that.

You need to realize that it is your choice to keep looking for free applications.
    You will surely get an ad or pop-up every time.

1) Why not just just support the developer of choice and pay for one.
    2) Use the native video camera light function for free.
    3) Develop a video light yourself and use it.

Anyway, I will not let this post go by not addressing your ultimate question.
    Check out the source code from LSPhone for MicroFire.
    I've carried it over through several devices up until now and it still works.
    No ads, no pop ups.
    Please use the correct version.

See the last post in this thread...
    Source for MicroFire video-light flashlight - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    The zip's have alx's for desktop install, and jad's for on-phone install (copy the jad and cod to your media card), or you can use "javaloader -u load MicroFire.cod" for a USB install.
    Hope this helps.
    04-16-12 10:30 AM
    YaWn.........
    04-16-12 10:35 AM
    I laugh at people who think anyone should pay for this crap on here!
    04-16-12 10:36 AM
    ohh look how sassy ms thing is
    i was referring to the flashlight feature you wanted with no annoying upgrades or commercial popups, its in the list i told you about, however i feel you dont like people talking to you the same way you talk to them !!

if you want advice, then just ask, many would gladly help
    04-16-12 10:38 AM
    I laugh at people who think anyone should pay for this crap on here!
    Develop apps for yourself if you don't want adds or pop ups or as it appears even help here.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-16-12 10:40 AM
    i was referring to the flashlight feature you wanted with no annoying upgrades or commercial popups, its in the list i told you about, however i feel you dont like people talking to you the same way you talk to them !!

if you want advice, then just ask, many would gladly help
    I was just kidding with you hun, calm down.
    04-16-12 10:46 AM
    When will people learn that you get what you pay for...

You need to realize that it is your choice to keep looking for free applications.
    You will surely get an ad or pop-up every time.
    strongly disagree, people are different from one another

however i do agree about the code you mentioned, it does help understand the concept, while it is still limited to camera flashlight, you can easily add LED or screen lights (which is not that hard to include)
    04-16-12 10:46 AM
    Develop apps for yourself if you don't want adds or pop ups or as it appears even help here.
    Why? I have people like you who do that for me.
    04-16-12 10:47 AM
    I was just kidding with you hun, calm down.
    lol, as long as you got what you wanted, then my job is done here
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-16-12 10:49 AM
    +1. If members don't want to check AppWorld as Sultan recommended or don't appreciate others searching FOR them like I did, then the only other conclusion I can come to is that this is just a trolling thread.

A person needs to be receptive in order to assist them.
    Sultan Al Sooz and andyahs like this.
    04-16-12 10:53 AM
    strongly disagree, people are different from one another

however i do agree about the code you mentioned, it does help understand the concept, while it is still limited to camera flashlight, you can easily add LED or screen lights (which is not that hard to include)
    Not too sure what that means... But, yes, people are different from each other...

However, you must realize that the version pointed to is stripped down for a few reasons. The original version that I have can utilize the LED and has a screen cover with a battery percentage bar.
    04-16-12 10:59 AM
    Simple and easy to use. Flashlight for BlackBerry
    04-16-12 11:06 AM
    Not too sure what that means... But, yes, people are different from each other...

However, you must realize that the version pointed to is stripped down for a few reasons. The original version that I have can utilize the LED and has a screen cover with a battery percentage bar.
    My apologies for not making sense, i meant that its true many devs would never truly provide free apps, however few devs do provide truly free apps with no ads or upgrade popups, sometimes cross platform apps are also truly free

In other platforms, true freeware is actually a standard practice, i think its time to do the same for the blackberry platform, however thats just my own personal opinion
    04-16-12 11:26 AM
    04-16-12 11:35 AM
    My apologies for not making sense, i meant that its true many devs would never truly provide free apps, however few devs do provide truly free apps with no ads or upgrade popups, sometimes cross platform apps are also truly free

In other platforms, true freeware is actually a standard practice, i think its time to do the same for the blackberry platform, however thats just my own personal opinion
    Ahhh. Gotcha. I agree, there are no absolutes in this game.

There may not be much perceived enticement now, but when BB10 come in the picture, hopefully things can change for the better in that respect for developers on the BlackBerry platform.

Also waiting for your next idea to break. Love your work.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    04-16-12 11:39 AM
    Do yourself a favor and pick up Sultan Al Sooz's Advance OS and LED. No BlackBerry is complete without it.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    04-16-12 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD