ok, so I installed epocrates on my 8820 and was all hunky dory about it. a few days later, I popped in my memory card and when I launched epocrates, it recognized I had a memory card and asked to move information there...

so, I guess they do support it?
    02-17-09 04:20 PM
    Do you have the free one? And also did it store all 9mb? I heard the free version will only let you store like 4mb on your card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 06:03 PM
    Any current users got additional information/comments about this program? I'm hesitant to intall 9mb into my Curve if it's going to slow it down....
    11-04-10 07:04 PM
    Any current users got additional information/comments about this program? I'm hesitant to intall 9mb into my Curve if it's going to slow it down....
    Downloaded the free version and it installed all 9mb onto my sdcard. I have not noticed any slowdown with it installed.
    11-04-10 10:16 PM
    Downloaded the free version and it installed all 9mb onto my sdcard. I have not noticed any slowdown with it installed.
    You were able to install the whole 9mb into your sd card? That's good news! I'll give this a go. Thanks grncherry.
    11-07-10 10:02 PM
    You were able to install the whole 9mb into your sd card? That's good news! I'll give this a go. Thanks grncherry.
    I am running a 9650 and OS6 and it automatically loaded to the sdcard. I have no idea how it will install on your curve. Hopefully it will do the same.
    11-08-10 01:44 AM
    I was finally able to successfully install Epocrates! The first attempt froze my Curve, second attempt froze it again. So I opted for the 2-4am installation time. I woke up at 6am and it didn't install at all. So I attempted to install again and it took me almost 4hours to complete it, this time without it freezing but slowing my Curve down. *sigh*

It's working OK so far, no noticeable slow down. I checked and saw that it installed around 5mb into my Curve's memory and the rest, 4mb, into my SD card. I still have a lot of memory to spare so this is looking good so far especially when I need this app badly. Will monitor to see how it will affect the speed of my BB.
    11-12-10 08:47 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD