Hi guys,

Yes I know there were few topics created for this matter. But it seems they weren't what I'm looking for.

Hence, could you guys recommend me the best and most importantly it's free To-Do-List app? The native Task app doesn't seem have the function to have the tasks shown in the home screen.

Thanks and Cheers.
    02-01-10 04:57 AM
    Perhaps, you should state which apps didn't quite cut the mustard for you... So, other posters do not waste their time and yours.
    02-01-10 09:06 AM
    I don't know anything about To-Do-List app but one thing I need it from the app is which the to do list will be shown in the home screen/desktop, so I don't have to navigate so deep in order to see it.
    02-01-10 10:14 AM
    Use your calender and download a today theme. It will display your calender events on your home screen..
    02-01-10 11:18 AM
    The Today themes don't show ToDo/Tasks. This is something that I wish they would add in, but its; not there yet (even if you add Tasks to the calendar).

There are a couple of calendar apps that have their own today screen, showing tasks and other additional information, but it still doesn't show up on the BB Today/Home screen.

For a free option, have your Tasks show up in your calendar, then default your calendar to Agenda view. That way, when you open up your calendar, your tasks will show up in the agenda.
    02-01-10 03:35 PM
    I do exactly as Xopher says. I open up my calendar and all my tasks and agenda for the day is right there. It's all in order too, works great for me.
    02-01-10 04:11 PM
    But still you have to navigate and hit on calender though...
    02-02-10 05:55 AM
    I had the same complaints regarding the Task app not showing on Today screens and now use the following workaround. This works for me, not sure if it will for you.

First, all my Tasks are entered in the Task app with a prefix of 'T:'. So 'Buy Milk' would become 'T: Buy Milk'. Then I duplicate the Task in the Calendar app with the same subject.

If you want to skip that step of double entry in the apps, you can spend $3 on something like SendX:

SendX - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

This will allow for sending the Task to The Calendar easily and with less keystrokes.

On my Today screen I'm now able to easily distinguish tasks from appointments based on the 'T:' prefix.

hth...
    02-02-10 06:11 AM
    Check this out, sounds like what your looking for and way less complicated than some other apps. Lets you create your own lists and such. It has a Free and a Paid version.

MyCart Free And Pro Versions Updated To Version 2.3 | CrackBerry.com
    02-02-10 07:02 AM
    Unless you tasks are added as actual calendar entries, they won't show up on the Today screen.

This is not a limit of the theme, or the task application, but the theme builder and BB OS. I think it is pretty lame, since the BB was created as a business tool and I would consider tasks to be an important business tool.

The current layout only gives you very few options for what is seen on the today screen. Hopefully RIM will open it up more for other apps to display items on the today screen.
    02-02-10 07:21 AM
    I just put my tasks in my Calendar and turn off the dial from Homescreen option. This way, all I have to do is hit the "L" key to pull up my taks and appointments in agenda view.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-02-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD