View Poll Results: How much would pay for a service for custom web shortcuts?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, nice idea but not worth paying for

34 65.38%
  • $1....I can scrounge up 4 quarters for convienence

6 11.54%
  • $2...what's another buck anyway

5 9.62%
  • $5...I gotta have my own icons

3 5.77%
  • I would pay to have an icon made for my business or Intranet site for BES users

4 7.69%
    I am offering to create web shortcuts that will reside on your BlackBerry icon list for the first 5 requests that are posted in this thread. There are no strings attached to the icons, I just want to see how much interest there is in this type of service as well. Below is information that I need to make the icon and have it function appropriately. I will then create the .jad, .alx and .cod file and post them in a zip file in this thread so they will be publicly available so I recommend not requesting anything to an Intranet site because it could expose information about your organization that you would not want exposed through the URL provided.

Here is what I need to create the icon:
    Icon Title (this will be what is displayed at the bottom of the screen when you scroll over the icon on the icon list)
    e.g. Google Shortcut

URL (this is the web address that you want the icon to direct the browser to when selected):
    e.g. http://www.google.com

Browser (which browser do you want to use? Options are Default, Internet (BIS), BlackBerry (BES), Wi-Fi, WAP):
    e.g. Internet Browser

Attach a 32x32 picture for the icon. If no icon is attached I will use a default browser icon of my choosing.
    All requests must be made in this thread!!! I will not accept any requests via PM and will ignore any requests via PM at this point.

Please also vote on the Poll at the top of this thread as well.

The Custom Web Shortcut will only work on OS 4.2.1 and above. OS version less than 4.2.1 will not be supported.

Please allow 1 - 2 business days for the icon to be posted. It may be sooner but no promises.

Notes and Disclaimers:
    I reserve the right to reject any requests for any reason or terminate this offer at any time. I am not responsible for the URL provided and/or the copyright on any images provided. The responsibility of obtaining proper copyright reproduction authorization is the responsibility of the individual requesting the icon. I am not responsible for the use and/or any results of using the icon provided.
    07-16-08 06:02 PM
    Myspace.com
    07-16-08 06:04 PM
    Myspace.com
    Already done with the same offer on another forum.

You can download it here: MySpaceIcon OTA

Enjoy, I won't count any already created icons to the 5 I am giving away!!
    07-16-08 06:06 PM
    crackberry
    07-16-08 06:08 PM
    Crackberry already has its own lol.
    I really like the MySpace one. Have there been reports of bugs with it tho? Just wondering, don't wanna brick my BB. I'm thinking of a really good one I would like for my BB lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SexyLadyMD; 07-16-08 at 07:14 PM.
    07-16-08 07:05 PM
    Google one that goes straight to the google web search home page? Or does that already exist?

07-16-08 07:16 PM
    I really like the MySpace one. Have there been reports of bugs with it tho? Just wondering, don't wanna brick my BB. I'm thinking of a really good one I would like for my BB lol.

Can someone post a link to the Crackberry icon for those that are looking for it? I don't intend to duplicate any efforts and am not an ego maniac that mine are the best.
    07-16-08 07:25 PM
    Mobile.blackberry.com shortcut with an icon that looks like the crackberry icon but with a B instead or one of your choosing.

07-16-08 07:26 PM

No bugs yet that I have heard of.
    07-16-08 07:26 PM
    Already done with the same offer on another forum.

You can download it here: MySpaceIcon OTA

Enjoy, I won't count any already created icons to the 5 I am giving away!!
    Nice very well done. are you willing to part ways with how this done. I have a few other sites I would like to do this with.
    07-16-08 08:13 PM
    Google Calendar
    07-16-08 08:17 PM
    How about the Virginia Lottery. I visit that site daily. Would be great if it had a little cute icon.

07-16-08 08:42 PM
    im sorry i didnt know there was an icon for crackberry already thought it would be nifty.....otherwise ebay would be a great one unless that is already out too.
    07-16-08 09:02 PM
    Google one that goes straight to the google web search home page? Or does that already exist?

Google has one. Here you go: Google Mobile - Search
    07-17-08 02:48 AM
    Another vote for ebay

07-17-08 02:58 AM
    I don't know if it already exists, but how about youtube?

07-17-08 03:03 AM
    Youtube like this one????
    07-17-08 03:17 AM
    What does that Xbox icon link to? Xbox.com?
    07-17-08 03:52 AM
    Google Calendar
    Please provide the url (i.e. http://www.google.com/calendar) and an icon so I know I am getting you what you want. Not sure if there is a mobile website for calendar.
    07-17-08 10:00 AM
    How about the Virginia Lottery. I visit that site daily. Would be great if it had a little cute icon.

Please provide URL and Icon and I would be happy to creat the Virginia Lottery icon.
    07-17-08 10:02 AM
    Youtube like this one????
    gswarrior,

does the YouTube icon exist already. If so, please provide a link to everyone so I don't have recreate what already exists.
    07-17-08 10:03 AM
    YouTube and others can me made on your own with Blackberry Web Shortcuts - check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...hortcuts-7145/
    07-17-08 10:44 AM
    What does that Xbox icon link to? Xbox.com?
    yes, xbox.com

gswarrior,

does the YouTube icon exist already. If so, please provide a link to everyone so I don't have recreate what already exists.
    It does not exist. i made it along with the xbox icon. follow azeis thread on how to make your own custom icon to a link.
    07-17-08 12:25 PM
    how about woot.com?!?! I go there on a daily basis. Thanks OP!
    07-17-08 01:31 PM
    I would also like (not meaning to be greedy)
    Icon Title : Guardian Unlimited
    URL : http://www.guardian.co.uk/pda
    Browser : Default
    Icon : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Unlimited

and

Icon Title : The Times
    URL : http://timesmobile.mobi
    Browser : Default
    Icon : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Times

(UK Newspapers)
    07-17-08 03:41 PM
61 123