NOt working here either 8330 OS 4.5.0.131
    03-20-09 07:59 PM
    After reading the help section, I made the setting changes, rebooted, and it works perfectly. Great free app.
    03-20-09 10:45 PM
    Thank you! This works great on my 8900! : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 10:36 PM
    Does anyone know if there's one that DOES NOT go to voicemail? That simply says your number is out of service or can't be reached and then hangs up (AND works w/ the Curve)?
    03-25-09 09:00 AM
    nrkelly: You could change your forwarding settings to include a fake phone number rather than the voicemail phone number. (just write down the voicemail number so you can put it back later) .... I'm assuming you are avoiding someone. Most "call blockers" go to voicemail.

If you really wanted to, you could fill your voicemail box with 60 random voicemails so the caller gets "this voicemail box is full" XD
    03-25-09 10:27 AM
    Also, I don't know if any of you have noticed, but on the actual webpage the OP links to for the app, there is a "Compatibility checker" at the middle of the page in a drop-down format to really find out the truth. . . just thought I'd share, I skip over stuff like that too.
    03-25-09 10:30 AM
    Does anyone know if there's one that DOES NOT go to voicemail? That simply says your number is out of service or can't be reached and then hangs up (AND works w/ the Curve)?
    That is what I am looking for also. The current version, if you watch it closley when a call comes in, is kinda like a macro of some sort. Once it detects a blacklisted number, it will hit the blackberry key and select "ignore" sending the call to voicemail. This can happen anywhere between a half ring, up to two full rings sometimes. So to the person on the other end, to them it just seems like you saw them calling and hit the ignore button and sent them to voicemail. What happens is then the person calls back right away, or later. Then they get pissed thinking you are avoiding them (which you really are ).

It's not really "blocking" the call, in essence what it is doing is just shortening the ring time. I want something where the phone will not ring at all or as stated above, leaves some sort of out of service message or unavailable message. This way I can avoid someone without them really knowing, so later when I'm ready to speak to them I can without them being pissed . Then I can just say "well you know at&t with their crappy service ".

Now, I have found a way to accomplish this....what you can do is find a phone number that is out of service or a number that always gives a busy signal, then go into call forwarding options and set the option "if busy" to this number. Leave the others as-is. Now when someone calls that is blacklisted, depending on the number you entered, they will get the unavailable message or just a busy signal. When regular calls come in, if you have no service or simply don't answer, they will still go to voicemail. Only blocked calls or calls where you hit "ignore" will get the unavailable or busy signal. I have a few numbers saved that I use. One is a number that the phone company uses for testing and if you attempt to call it you'll get "the person you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time" and I found another number (I don't know who it belongs to) but it ALWAYS gives a busy signal if you call it no matter the time. So I use one of these two numbers. Now, the person still may hear a ring or two on their side, but they will not be sent to voicemail. And with that you can still get away with some lame excuse about your phone "acting up"

PM me if you want these numbers....
    03-25-09 10:32 AM
    Its working perfectly on my storm... I LOVE IT!
    03-25-09 10:36 AM
    Didn't work on my JAV. Mookish, can you PM me the numbers? For some reason it won't allow me to send you a PM.

03-25-09 12:32 PM
    That's quite ingenious, mookish!

I use i,Call Manager Light to manage my calls. Unlike CallsBlocker, Antair Call Manager and Advanced Call Manager; I can set i,Call Manager Light to not only send the caller to voicemail (if desired), but also pick up and hang up on the caller (not to voicemail).

Most of these call manager applications are similar in the respect that they send undesired callers with specific numbers to voicemail, and most can handle unknown/private/blocked numbers.

But only i,Call Manager Light, as far as I know, can hang up on the caller without even ringing, can delete your phone call log, close your missed call dialog box, and suppress your missed call LED alert -- basically there will be no evidence of a missed undesired call, if you so choose.
    03-25-09 12:51 PM
    I just looked but obviously not carefully enough - where are the "call-forwarding" options to play with on the BB (8830, here). And, then, I would not mine those "dead phone" numbers by PM, if possible
    03-25-09 02:42 PM
    Didn't work on my JAV. Mookish, can you PM me the numbers? For some reason it won't allow me to send you a PM.

PM Sent

That's quite ingenious, mookish!

I use i,Call Manager Light to manage my calls. Unlike CallsBlocker, Antair Call Manager and Advanced Call Manager; I can set i,Call Manager Light to not only send the caller to voicemail (if desired), but also pick up and hang up on the caller (not to voicemail).

Most of these call manager applications are similar in the respect that they send undesired callers with specific numbers to voicemail, and most can handle unknown/private/blocked numbers.

But only i,Call Manager Light, as far as I know, can hang up on the caller without even ringing, can delete your phone call log, close your missed call dialog box, and suppress your missed call LED alert -- basically there will be no evidence of a missed undesired call, if you so choose.
    I alsi have icallmanager and I played with the "hang up" setting, all that does is answer the call and hang it up, but it doesnt do it fast enough. I called myself from a blacklisted number and you will still be able to hear whatever is going on in the background for just a sec. In my case I heard the TV. So to the other caller, all you did was pick up and hang up. Imagine you were doing something you had no business doing and someone called and the phone picked up and hung up! They'd hear a quick sound bite! And that could be costly!

I just looked but obviously not carefully enough - where are the "call-forwarding" options to play with on the BB (8830, here). And, then, I would not mine those "dead phone" numbers by PM, if possible
    Press the green phone button, then the blackberry button, then select options, then call forwarding....PM Sent
    03-25-09 03:53 PM

That's one thing I like about icallmanager that callsblocker doesn't have. The fact that it can surpress any evidence of a call, so if you're sleep and "someone" calls you and your SO is awake, she wouldn't even know the phone rang!, Then later you can check your phone call log and see who called!
    03-25-09 04:01 PM
    PM Sent

I alsi have icallmanager and I played with the "hang up" setting, all that does is answer the call and hang it up, but it doesnt do it fast enough. I called myself from a blacklisted number and you will still be able to hear whatever is going on in the background for just a sec. In my case I heard the TV. So to the other caller, all you did was pick up and hang up. Imagine you were doing something you had no business doing and someone called and the phone picked up and hung up! They'd hear a quick sound bite! And that could be costly!
    Hmmm... I have never run into that, my pickup & hangup is less than half a second, if that. Perhaps you have to adjust your Keystroke Priority from the default setting of 15 (lower values speed up the pickup and hangup) in v1.2.8.
    03-25-09 04:46 PM
    PM Sent

Press the green phone button, then the blackberry button, then select options, then call forwarding....PM Sent
    Yes, that's where I expected to find it but there is NO CALL FORWARDING option on my Verizon 8830 with OS 4.5.
    03-25-09 06:44 PM
    havin some problems with call blocker its was workin fine till i put restriced numbers on now it dont work
    03-25-09 07:47 PM
    Worked for me.... 8330 - Sprint - OS 4.5
    03-28-09 09:29 AM
    seems like it only works on the JAV. all positive results so far are 8900 users.
    well, not for me bro...
    02-09-10 11:54 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD