im currently using a free app for call blocking. (call control lite) its pretty good, it blocks spammers, unknown and private calls and it has a customizable "blacklist".

The only problem with it is that when a call is blocked my phones LED indicator keeps blinking and theres no way to stop it unless i pull the battery out, which needless to say can get very annoying.

are there any preferably free apps i can download that offer a customizable list of numbers i can block?...

my carrier doesnt offer that service :-/
    01-01-10 11:30 PM
    I got one its called "callsblocker". There's a free version and pay. Free works great. I got it from app world. I searched here too and found it as well. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:43 AM
    I know you are asking for Free call blocking apps, but personally I use this one and it works wonders! The pick up and hang up feature is worth it in itself. Check it out:

Call Blocker Professional

Available for a small one time fee.
    01-02-10 11:46 AM
    thanks! ill give them a try :-)
    01-02-10 01:22 PM
    I use the call blocker professional also. It works great for blocking calls, especially the in-laws.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 01:49 PM
    Google Voice allows you to block specific numbers (and screen specific callers and other things). Would require one to start using a different phone number but I think it's well worth it.
    01-02-10 03:03 PM
    Google Voice allows you to block specific numbers (and screen specific callers and other things). Would require one to start using a different phone number but I think it's well worth it.
    it seems great but is by "invitation only", i sent my email about three weeks ago and im still waiting for the invite :-/
    01-02-10 04:48 PM
    Call Blocker Professional is totally worth the $3 or whatever it is..To never have to deal with people again. haha...I must say BuzzOff is a pretty good call blocker as well however. I think I prefer CBP>BuzzOff, but its a heck of a toss up. Both have a few different key features about them. It really is worth a couple bucks to buy a call blocker app though!

Good Luck!
    01-02-10 08:22 PM
    Didn't work for me.

On my Tour it wouldn't pick up/hang up on blocked calls, even with that option set. They always went to VM where they'd leave annoying messages.

Plus it wouldn't auto-run when the phone start up.
    03-10-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD