Dear All,
    With Christmas approaching and Mega Sale on all Empower apps going on, we are ready with a new application - "Screensavers". It works just like the good old screensavers on your Windows Desktop.

Currently, we have the "Star Field" screensaver to start with. More screensavers will be released later as and when we develop it. I look forward to test this app on different device models and Carriers so that we can go live in the New Year!

Screensavers is compatible with all devices running on OS 4.2.1 and above. If you are interested in testing this pre-release app please install it from www.getempower.com or OTA at http://www.getempower.com/ota/

We are just about ready to go and would like your feedback for the final round of testing. Let me know your suggestions and feature requests if any.

I am also accepting ideas on other Screensavers you all would be interested in.

Best Regards,
    Ani
    Last edited by ani; 12-17-09 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Link correction for public beta
    12-17-09 06:39 AM
    Will give it a try...... Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 07:50 AM
    Worth a shot... Thanks

12-17-09 07:53 AM
    Very cool app! The star screensaver runs great on my tour with hybrid os

12-17-09 08:13 AM
    dl'ing it now. will follow up.

Looks pretty cool - how does it affect the battery life?
    Last edited by JustaNJDiva; 12-17-09 at 08:24 AM.
    12-17-09 08:16 AM
    Downloading the App now... Will get back on how it works
    12-17-09 08:30 AM
    Just downloaded on my 9700. Works like a charm so far! Now to see how it affects battery life

12-17-09 08:32 AM
    I downloaded it but I cant find it anywhere on my phone? Not sure what I need to do?
    12-17-09 08:36 AM
    Just dl'd. Seems to be ok on my 8350i. How long is the trial & how
    much are you planning on charding after the trial ends?

12-17-09 08:53 AM
    Just dl'd. Seems to be ok on my 8350i. How long is the trial & how much are you planning on charding after the trial ends?

Its FREE!

You see the Trial under Central, just because its beta. We will register it when we release the stable version. We will be coming up with more screensavers and may be charging for one of them. The app and the Starfield screensaver included with it will always remain FREE.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    12-17-09 09:06 AM
    First of all thank you and great idea!

I donloaded to my bold 9000 running AT&T OS version .304

I cannot find an app icon and the only way I can get the animated star field to appear is to start charging it via USB cable. When I plug it in, the stars appear. But when my device is unplugged and the screen simply times out, I get no star field, just a black screen as usual.

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to work.

Thanks again!
    12-17-09 09:23 AM
    One other thing I found. It seems the trackball and keyboard backlight stay lit when the star field is active. Not sure that's a good idea. That's gotta kill battery life.
    12-17-09 09:30 AM
    One other thing I found. It seems the trackball and keyboard backlight stay lit when the star field is active. Not sure that's a good idea. That's gotta kill battery life.
    Yes I also realized that , that is definitely going to eat up the battery , its a pretty cool app though always wanted a screensaver on my BB..

Btw I'm using Bold 9000 , OS 5.0.411 , its running smooth minus the problem mentioned above .

12-17-09 09:37 AM
    Yes I also realized that , that is definitely going to eat up the battery , its a pretty cool app though always wanted a screensaver on my BB..

Btw I'm using Bold 9000 , OS 5.0.411 , its running smooth minus the problem mentioned above .

Another thing I'm realizing is that the LCD screen backlight is being used(obvious I know) and I'm not sure that's a good idea from a hardware standpoint, let alone the potential battery issues.

I personally don't know whether having the screen backlight active 24/7 is bad for the device or not but at first guess I'd say no.

Not sure this app is truly a screensaver
    12-17-09 09:48 AM
    Its FREE!

You see the Trial under Central, just because its beta. We will register it when we release the stable version. We will be coming up with more screensavers and may be charging for one of them. The app and the Starfield screensaver included with it will always remain FREE.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    Ani, I like free. I am only using the app when my phone is charging.
    I have it hooked up to my computer right now and I have had 5 people
    notice it. Cool idea. Keep up the good work.

12-17-09 10:31 AM
    Hi,
    Yep, running any app continuously will drain the battery.. And because of this reason only we are running the screensaver only when you are charing the device.

For those who are unsure, just look under Empower Central - the blue colored Ei icon. You will find Screensavers app there and all the settings that you can do like Star Density, speed etc.

Thanks for the feedback, keep them coming... We will incorporate them in newer versions of the app.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    12-17-09 10:38 AM
    A simple, battery charge status indicator would be great. No need for 3D graphics (might be nice though), no animation needed -- just a ten-segment or so battery graphic that shows at a glance what the charge level is. Numeric digit % representation optional too.

It'd still be a screensaver app (maybe a bit of extra work to show battery status), but basically if it's running, the phone is charging (since the screensaver ONLY works while charging).
    12-17-09 12:59 PM
    Thanks Ani for another nice program.
    Just DL and looks good...
    12-17-09 06:46 PM
    It looks like a nice application. How is everyone liking it so far?
    12-17-09 07:01 PM
    For a future screensaver, can you please do the matrix falling numbers!!!

12-17-09 08:10 PM
    Hi,
    Yep, running any app continuously will drain the battery.. And because of this reason only we are running the screensaver only when you are charing the device.

For those who are unsure, just look under Empower Central - the blue colored Ei icon. You will find Screensavers app there and all the settings that you can do like Star Density, speed etc.

Thanks for the feedback, keep them coming... We will incorporate them in newer versions of the app.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    Okay cool that makes sense then. Great little app. Still cannot find an app icon but I guess it doesn't matter, it works when I plug it in.

Thanks again!
    12-17-09 08:20 PM
    Works good on 8100 OS 4.5! I second a matrix falling code or fish tank screen saver/charging status. Thanks for the great work.

12-17-09 08:26 PM
    Works on 8530.
    12-17-09 08:45 PM
    Another vote for the Matrix and fishtank. The Matrix could be seriously badass

Couple more suggestions: a burning fireplace, or, fire in general.

Colored balls bouncing all over the screen
    Last edited by Marine One; 12-17-09 at 11:53 PM.
    12-17-09 11:51 PM
    A simple, battery charge status indicator would be great.
    We already have this! Attached is the screenshot. :) Will be available as soon as we are done with the testing.

Thanks,
    Ani
    Last edited by ani; 12-18-09 at 01:49 AM. Reason: png image instead of bmp, info abt testing
    12-18-09 12:24 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD