Does anyone know of a free app to create .doc files on a blackberry? I searched but did not see anything for creating. Thanks in advance!
    03-19-10 10:56 AM
    Sure, create a blank document in Microsoft Word on your PC and save it on a MicroSD card. Put this MicroSD card in your BlackBerry and launch the Word to Go application (if you don't have it already search the Web for Documents to Go). Use the open document option, find your way to the blank .doc on your MicroSD card. Do any editing you want, save under new filename.
    03-19-10 11:03 AM
    BBNotepad - OTA Link

Choose "Save As", change extension to .doc and decide where to save it. Done
    03-19-10 11:24 AM
    I have used Word-to-Go and Sheet-to-Go which came on my BB and are found in the Applications folder. Editing is limited, but you can create .doc type documents. Using Notepad also works, which I do often when making lists or notes to myself.
    03-19-10 11:46 AM
    Docs to go premium will let you create .doc files but it's expensive. Sometimes you can get it on sale, but I'd do as afropoika said. If you already have a document on your BB, you can open it up, clear all of the info, add your new info, then save it under a new name, both documents will be there. You can also take a doc that is already there, clear all of the info, then save it as "blank", then when you need a new .doc, open this one, enter all of your data, then "save as", enter new name. If you dont have MS office, have some one send you a blank word file in your email and save it to your BB.

Tried the changing extension in BB notepad, wouldn't open on my Tour with Docs standard 2.0, said that it appeared to be a plain text file.
    03-23-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD