Since BeBuzz v5 came out I've seen a lot of less than happy campers with the requirement to pay for the upgrade and also just flat out problems with the new version. I've used v4 of BeBuzz for several months and it's worked fine for my needs so I'm not whining. Just curious if anyone has tried this alternative...

Advanced Calls & LED Control

"Add amazing features to your phone such as UNLIMITED Contact's (Email & SMS & Calls) LED ID. Also LED customization for Battery & Network status, apps like BBM, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. Call Redial, Save New Numbers, Auto Loud Speaker, Call Timer, Miss Call Notification, Battery Notifications, Vibrate on Call Connect and more."

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506
    12-16-11 09:03 AM
    Since BeBuzz v5 came out I've seen a lot of less than happy campers with the requirement to pay for the upgrade and also just flat out problems with the new version. I've used v4 of BeBuzz for several months and it's worked fine for my needs so I'm not whining. Just curious if anyone has tried this alternative...

Yes. It is a worthy alternative. And it is FREE.

I was on the free version of BeBuzz before I tried Advanced Calls and LED control. But I'm on the BeBuzz v5 now just to find out all the raves about the full version of BeBuzz. For 2.99, it may have been worth it, or so i thought.

But v5, I think is just to play catch up with Advanced Calls....

Try it...you have nothing to lose anyway....
    12-16-11 09:25 AM
    Yeah, I've had Advanced Calls and LED Control for 3 weeks now, and I'm LOVIN' IT!
    12-16-11 01:35 PM

"Add amazing features to your phone such as UNLIMITED Contact's (Email & SMS & Calls) LED ID. Also LED customization for Battery & Network status, apps like BBM, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. Call Redial, Save New Numbers, Auto Loud Speaker, Call Timer, Miss Call Notification, Battery Notifications, Vibrate on Call Connect and more."

Free Advanced Calls and LED Control - Download Advanced Calls and LED Control - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    I have advanced calls and LED control on my phone and its great. It does so much and the best part is its free. I was able to set it up without any problems. I'm sure if u try it u will get a lot of use out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 02:53 PM
    +1 for Advanced Calls and LED Control. I used to have BeBuzz, now I use this.
    12-16-11 03:02 PM
    I am using both currently. Advanced Calls for everything but the LED control. For that, I am still a slave to BeBuzz, and loving it. Advanced is nice, but not as customizable as BeBuzz. It is a nice app, and since it is free, the draw to it is hard to ignore.
    12-16-11 03:05 PM
    I am using both currently. Advanced Calls for everything but the LED control. For that, I am still a slave to BeBuzz, and loving it. Advanced is nice, but not as customizable as BeBuzz. It is a nice app, and since it is free, the draw to it is hard to ignore.
    It sounds like Advanced Calls & LED Control is a formidable challenger to BeBuzz. When you say it's not as customizable as BeBuzz, What would you say is missing...?
    12-19-11 07:34 AM
    It sounds like Advanced Calls & LED Control is a formidable challenger to BeBuzz. When you say it's not as customizable as BeBuzz, What would you say is missing...?
    Reminder vibes (eg. vibe every 2 minutes for missed emails, etc)... that's the only thing it's missing for me!
    12-19-11 05:43 PM
    +1 for Advanced Calls and LED Control. I used to have BeBuzz, now I use this.
    +1 more, I also used to have BeBuzz and now use this. Works like a charm, no more nightmares when switching to a new BB or upgrading the OS!
    12-19-11 08:54 PM
    Sounds like a "FREE" winner, gonna give it a try......being greedy makes you ALONE
    12-19-11 09:11 PM
    Advanced Calls and LED Control is by far the best LED app ever!! I have one question tho, I've tried setting up the individual LED contact for SMS but it doesn't work. Anyone know how to do it?

12-19-11 11:30 PM
    Advanced Calls and LED Control is by far the best LED app ever!! I have one question tho, I've tried setting up the individual LED contact for SMS but it doesn't work. Anyone know how to do it?

You may need to change the formatting of your contact's phone number. I set up an individual LED for SMS from a contact and it wasn't working either. Changed their number from (XXX) YYY-ZZZZ to XXXYYYZZZZ and the LED works fine.

Not looking forward to editing my other 890+ contacts...but I don't really worry about SMS from them.
    Clinto likes this.
    12-20-11 09:05 AM

click 'add contact' then click the menu button and 'view all' then click the contact you want to add and pick their colors, etc.
    12-20-11 03:48 PM
    You may need to change the formatting of your contact's phone number. I set up an individual LED for SMS from a contact and it wasn't working either. Changed their number from (XXX) YYY-ZZZZ to XXXYYYZZZZ and the LED works fine.

Not looking forward to editing my other 890+ contacts...but I don't really worry about SMS from them.
    You wont need to worry about the above when i update my app to version 9.0.

Im also renaming my app since im including another major OS enhancement (Popups with Popup manager and commands you haven't seen before)

Also, kindly use my email provided in App world for any help or clarifications regarding my app

Thanks for all the nice comments and for the person who started this thread.
    Clinto, BlazorBoy and whatsnewdoc like this.
    12-24-11 02:29 PM

Im also renaming my app since im including another major OS enhancement (Popups with Popup manager and commands you haven't seen before)

Also, kindly use my email provided in App world for any help or clarifications regarding my app

If you are also adding vibe reminders (i.e. custom vibes every x minutes after an email) you would be the unquestioned app king

Keep up the amazing work!
    12-25-11 07:01 AM
    If you are also adding vibe reminders (i.e. custom vibes every x minutes after an email) you would be the unquestioned app king

Keep up the amazing work!
    I wish it was that simple to be a king

Hope my next release will put another smile on people's faces.

And regarding your request, I will look into it when I start coding version 9.1 or 9.2

Thanks for your kind words.

12-25-11 07:26 AM
    What are you renaming it to? Or if you're not sure yet, can you post the new name when you have it? I am a huge fan of this app. I have the Style, which is the flip blackberry, so popups are unnecessary for me personally b/c the BB has a setting for whether messages are displayed on the outer display. But it would be great for probably any other BB!
    12-26-11 08:12 PM
    What are you renaming it to? Or if you're not sure yet, can you post the new name when you have it? I am a huge fan of this app. I have the Style, which is the flip blackberry, so popups are unnecessary for me personally b/c the BB has a setting for whether messages are displayed on the outer display. But it would be great for probably any other BB!
    "Advanced Options and LED" or "Advanced Options Ultimate", still can't decide on what to name my app.
    I believe you underestimated my popups feature, can't blame you cause you haven't seen it yet . Basically it will provide the most required actions right from the popup message, a quick launcher (on demand), other cool features like showing BBM or contact picture in the popup window, and much more. Can't really list everything, its a lot

Happy to know that you are enjoying my app, and hope you will enjoy the new update very soon (maybe right after new years )
    djdnz and lcchick like this.
    12-26-11 11:57 PM

Thanks, it worked.

12-28-11 08:50 AM

Ill be sure to do that. Can't wait for the update, I love this app!

12-28-11 08:51 AM
    A small issue I have encountered. Custom sound profiles are erased when installing the app. Not sure how or why, but it happened on my 9930 and my friend's 8350. Just a heads up and possible bug.
    01-05-12 01:45 PM
    yes, it has been reported few times before, still not sure why, but hoping it will fix itself in version 9 since I changed the way my app registers notifications. it only happens to few phones and i cant reproduce the problem on my phone to make sure its gone.

please use the email address provided in my app's "About" menu for support requests
    01-05-12 10:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have turned quite a few people onto it already.
    01-06-12 11:15 AM
    Very nice app. I got everything to work except the battery charging LED. I got the battery full LED working, but for charging to work I have to first hit menu then stop LED, even though none was on at the time. It works if I charge it through the computer USB, but not the charger. It charges the battery on all of the them but the LED only works when charging through the computer.
    01-08-12 09:20 AM
    Hi sir I really love this app. Can you provide an OTA too? Kudos!!!
    01-10-12 02:57 AM
96 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD