Hey all--what's the best way to get AIM for free on my blackberry? (curve) I am using Beejive now and love it, but after my 30-day trial I don't want to have to pay to upgrade. Is there a good chat service that can link to my AIM account that's free?? Thanks!
    05-25-09 02:51 PM
    rim has an aim client that runs on data and since you're on verizon and have to get data, it'll essentially be "free" for you.

if you want a client that logs onto multiple accounts (gtalk, msn etc) i believe palringo is a free client that does that.
    05-25-09 03:08 PM
    Webmessenger or Instango are other good options also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 03:10 PM
    i personally feel the rim AIM is the best on battery too, anyone else feel this way?
    05-25-09 03:12 PM
    i use the separate clients instead of downloading one that has em all cuz sometimes i want to be on aim but hide on gtalk lol
    05-25-09 03:39 PM
    Its better on the battery because it uses push. The negative to the rim apps is that they often don't tell you you've been disconnected until you try to send a message and you have to download a separate 500k app per chat client

05-25-09 03:50 PM
    i personally feel the rim AIM is the best on battery too, anyone else feel this way?
    Yup. Its pretty easy on my battery too. Btw, I also recommend the AIM app from RIM. IMs are almost instant, which is a big plus.

05-25-09 03:54 PM
    Yup. Its pretty easy on my battery too. Btw, I also recommend the AIM app from RIM. IMs are almost instant, which is a big plus.

yeah i noticed that too while using it. the IMs send within half a second, its amazing!
    05-25-09 04:08 PM
    Ok so it seems like the AIM app from RIM is best? How do I get it?
    05-25-09 04:47 PM
    go to mobile.blackberry.com in the blackberry browser and youll find it under the messaging category.
    05-25-09 05:53 PM
    i use the separate clients instead of downloading one that has em all cuz sometimes i want to be on aim but hide on gtalk lol
    You can do that with Instango too though. You can control whether you're logged into each account individually, and you can be logged in but invisible individually too. To me, it's just more convenient to have them all in the same place and only deal with one program instead of 5, but I could see using the individual RIM apps if you don't use multiple accounts.

05-25-09 07:33 PM
    05-25-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD