Are there any? Barring that, what is the best paid solution?
    01-18-10 09:02 AM
    Can you explain further what you are looking for?
    01-18-10 09:10 AM
    in the BB OS, when you receive a call or message from an unknown number/address, you are able to create a new contact with that number/address. I need an app that will add an option to add that number/address to an existing contact in my address book (eg. my friend John, whose cell number is in my contacts, called me from his new work number, which was not saved in his profile - I want to add it to his existing contact).

The only way to do this right now is to copy/paste the number/address, which is annoying.
    01-18-10 09:23 AM
    in the BB OS, when you receive a call or message from an unknown number/address, you are able to create a new contact with that number/address. I need an app that will add an option to add that number/address to an existing contact in my address book (eg. my friend John, whose cell number is in my contacts, called me from his new work number, which was not saved in his profile - I want to add it to his existing contact).

The only way to do this right now is to copy/paste the number/address, which is annoying.
    addonis is pretty good.
    01-18-10 09:29 AM
    Hi,
    I suggest you try the free trial of our app AddOnis. We add this feature as well as many more! After installation, go to your phone log and hit menu. You will see an option Send To: - select and follow the prompts. (if you use a Tour, do this instead - go to messages, press ALT P, select the number then press Menu and select Send To...

You can also try our App, AddContactX.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 09:35 AM
    Got it, actually wasn't aware you couldn't do that with a BB already, learn something new every day
    01-18-10 09:54 AM
    I find add to contact 2 works great. can add/merge from call log, sms, email, etc
    They offer a free trial as well.

Add To Contact 2 - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    01-18-10 10:15 AM
    Hi,
    I suggest you try the free trial of our app AddOnis. We add this feature as well as many more! After installation, go to your phone log and hit menu. You will see an option Send To: - select and follow the prompts. (if you use a Tour, do this instead - go to messages, press ALT P, select the number then press Menu and select Send To...

You can also try our App, AddContactX.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    addcontactx? Where can I find this?
    01-18-10 10:27 AM
    How is this not a function of BB?! why do i have to pay money for an "add to existing contacts" app!? my OLD OLD OLD nokia model was able to do this... it seems like the most obvious function to have on a phone...

what gives?
    03-18-10 05:27 AM
    How is this not a function of BB?! why do i have to pay money for an "add to existing contacts" app!? my OLD OLD OLD nokia model was able to do this... it seems like the most obvious function to have on a phone...

what gives?
    Many things are "obvious" functions. However, when programming (As I have been making websites for 10 years and java for the past 1) I can tell you, it's easy to forget things.

Let's look at the iPhone for example. Isn't multitasking an "obvious" function? ****, that's just a bit (A bit more than a bit) more obvious than your add to existing contact function.

Every phone has it's flaws, thus why they allow 3rd party applications. You have to pay money because you didn't develop it, regardless of whether RIM made it or a 3rd party programmer made it - you will still be paying a small portion for it. How is it the same? Go buy a ****ty nokia phone, with these functions but a terrible phone build and missing other obvious functions and compare it to a Blackberry. What did it cost? 100 bucks (*Cough* RIPOFF *Cough*)? Now a blackberry, without a new contract can get WAY up there - its mainly because of their impressive phone builds and even more impressive OS builds.

Many people may say the OS builds suck, but I guarantee if I take it away - you'll cry like a little baby.. Lol :P

Anyhow, I'm just saying support your 3rd party developers, don't complain that they charge you for something they develop (Unless they are completely overcharging) - welcome to life (whether your life involves iPhone or Blackberry or Android).
    03-18-10 08:18 AM
    Add to Contact 2 is shown today on the crackberry.com homepage and it is on sale. It looks to have the options requested and it is "only" $1.47. I say "only" because I too have a bit of an objection about paying for an app that seems somewhat basic........... or could be offered for free. Still, good price for a handy app.
    03-18-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD