How awesome would that be if someone were to create an app that works as a guitar tuner. using the mic to detect the pitch, the app would tell you how to adjust it. More than likely it would be a paid app, but i wouldnt mind if it were cheaper than buying a physical tuner.

Anybody heard of anything like this???? the closest i came to was that guitar playing app for the iphone/ ipod touch. thoughts? ideas?
    01-13-10 06:38 PM
    There are a couple of guitar tuning apps out already. They only work with GSM phones - the CDMA versions lack the ability to analyze the sounds.
    01-13-10 06:53 PM
    That's pretty disappointing since I'm with vzw I think my Curve is CDMA. At least now I know. I'm not exactly relying on just this. Thx for the info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 09:38 PM
    What is the name of the app? Would no longer need to turn my pc on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 07:12 AM
    Mobile Chromatic Instrument Tuner

Mobile Chromatic Instrument Tuner - Show the frequency of a sound played on an instrument, generate tones.
    Mobile Chromatic Instrument Tuner - Tuner and Tone Generator in One Application - Entertainment BlackBerry Software
    BlackBerry App World - Mobile Chromatic Instrument Tuner

Mobile Chromatic Instrument Tuner shows the frequency of a sound played on your instrument (piano, violin, guitar etc.). It uses advanced algorithms to discover the fundamental sound frequency (supported range: 50-1100Hz).

The measurement correctness strongly depends on the microphone recording quality. Place your phone as close as possible to the audio source, make sure that there are no external noises. Sometimes the tuner fails to recognize the octave - for example, it displays A5 instead of A4. This happens when the harmonic frequencies are stronger than the fundamental frequency.

The application also contains a tone generator which can generate tones from the scale (C4 - B6, 262 - 1975 Hz).

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us using the "Technical Support" tab above.

VERY IMPORTANT: This application does NOT work on BlackBerry smartphones that support CDMA or iDEN network (for example, Verizon and Sprint are CDMA networks, so all devices using these networks are not supported).
    01-14-10 08:05 AM
    The accuracy of these apps suck!
    01-14-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD