BlackBerry app disappeared... just get a update coming soon from their website.
    01-20-10 09:31 PM
    Today system seems more stable but I lost all my To Do's and Tips in the server shuffle.
    01-21-10 08:48 AM
    every time i install the BB app, it causes my 8900 to constantly reboot. anyone else having this issue?
    02-15-10 03:58 PM
    every time i install the BB app, it causes my 8900 to constantly reboot. anyone else having this issue?
    I havent heard of that. Have you tried deleting and doing a re-install?
    02-15-10 04:34 PM
    I really love Foursquare! The fun thing is when you push check in button, you'll find some specific places you may know for life. Like, in my neigborhood, we have this old school convenience store just down the road and someone put in on Foursquare with the name we used to call when we were kids. It made me grin hehehe.. That's the awesomeness of the game.

Anyway, I got an idea -maybe worst idea- How about we just submit our Foursquare links so that we can add each other?? Here's the link to my Foursquare: foursquare :: Adink D.

Cheers
    02-15-10 10:00 PM
    The local area where I live, Foursqare is starting to get over populated with random check-in points like Jason's Basement, Home, Fred's Home, Jo-Jo's Home, City Park Porta-Potty, Girlfriend's House, Boyfriend's House, etc, etc, etc...

I think Foursquare should come up with a system which would remove non-registered locations after a short period of time (like maybe a week) if a set minimum number of users don't check in at the same location.
    02-15-10 11:17 PM
    I havent heard of that. Have you tried deleting and doing a re-install?
    yeah, i've done that several times, and it does nothing except cause my device to constantly crash. i think i'm giving up on the foursquare app until it comes out of beta..
    02-17-10 03:56 AM
    My biggest issue is the GPS. It always has issues finding me. I find myself refreshing several times before it does locate me. However sometimes it never seems to. Makes using it a pain
    02-17-10 06:22 AM
    do you guys see it as just a game or a good way for reviews, etc.
    I yelp a lot and this seems as where this app could be headed if not already there.
    02-17-10 06:33 AM
    I'm a fan of foursquare I think its somewhat of a game at the same time a useful app like yelp except just among your friends. A little stalker-ish but you always have the choice of where you'd like to be shown at. Google latitude is more on the stalker side hehe. I like how foursquare links to facebook as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 05:35 AM
    foursquare seems fun to me, but there don't seem to be that many people using it. No one I know is on it (and I'm not really a fan of pushing these kinds of things on people). I live in Houston (4th largest city in the U.S.) and I can see myself (with 5 or 10 points) on the "top 100 list" for the city - which tells me it's really not getting much play.

Kinda disappointing really, because I do like the game aspect and would like to use it in conjunction with friends, especially when we're all trying to coordinate what to do...
    03-15-10 10:05 AM
    Love the application. Have used it in Peru, Chile, Spain, Holland, Italy, Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo. There are a lot of users here in Europe - I think it is just a matter of word of mouth and trying to get people aware it exists. I just play for fun. Add me! foursquare :: Rod B.
    03-15-10 10:44 AM
    I love the app too, however it no longer works on my tour with this new upgrade, version 1.7
    I've emailed that guy at foursquare and he was very responsive, but now I can't get a response out of him.
    When I download the upgrade and tried to access the app, it now gives me th OutOfMemory error...you know, the one that you get that will brick your phone if you reboot? So now I'm frustrated that I have to use the mobile site. Makes me want to no longer use foursquare if I can't even get the app to work on my blackberry.
    03-16-10 09:04 PM
    @SJRod, or anyone else who uses foursquare a lot:

Can you describe how it interacts? I'd like to connect it to my fb acct, but I also don't want my foursquare updates constantly posting to fb or flooding the news pages of my friends. Thoughts?
    03-16-10 10:18 PM
    @philosojerk That's because TX is in Austin playing Foursquare at SXSW. It's really fun, I'm at SXSW and Foursquare is simply everywhere right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:30 PM
    @SJRod, or anyone else who uses foursquare a lot:

Can you describe how it interacts? I'd like to connect it to my fb acct, but I also don't want my foursquare updates constantly posting to fb or flooding the news pages of my friends. Thoughts?
    You have the option on the application when you "check-in" at a location to either post to twitter & facebook or not. You will see a checkbox for both twitter and facebook. If you don't want it to post, then just uncheck the box.
    03-16-10 11:19 PM
    Joined Foursquare yesterday. Pretty cool system/social network.
    The point system will be addictive.

In Atlanta, many opportunities to check-in and earn points.

The Beta version 1.7.0 seems to be coming along.
    03-18-10 07:31 AM
    The thing that my friends brought up to me, and I'm sure this is a turn off too a lot of people, is what's to stop cheating. I couldn't respond to them with an answer sadly, so they would not join until 4sq could determine if your cheating.

Because once businesses start adding more rewards to their mayors, the more cheating is going to get worse with people checking-in 15 times. Maybe they need to restrict time limits? Also like previous people have said, people are checking into friend's houses and their own homes. Really, you should only be checking into places and businesses (other than a home).
    03-18-10 12:55 PM
    If you 'rapid check in' in other words check into say 3 or more places within a few minutes you do not get point and it does not count towards your totals. Likewise you must be 'near' - within the vicinity of the place to actually check in. You cannot stay home and check into places outside of your recognised area. Foursquare seems to use the built in GPS to define your local area. For example I live 20 Km from the airport but cannot check in there from my house. It is limited to about 2 km.
    To become mayor you need to visit or log into the place a minimum of two times and they must be on seperate days otherwise it will log you in but not make you mayor. So there do seem to be built in restrictions.
    As with everything there will be those who cheat. Alas where I am - currently Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo, cheating is not the issue it is more getting people to participate. I end up being mayor of around 72 places because I am the ONLY one to go there. But obviously in larger cities - when for example I lived in Rome, it was a different picture more people, more competition.
    I think your friends would enjoy the game. I still see it as real world monopoly! A game rather than for benefits and discounts. Those just are not on the table here yet.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    03-18-10 02:38 PM
    Yeah, I think as far as people logging into their homes, if you see it just hit the report/close this venue button. :P
    03-18-10 03:47 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD