Hi Guys,

Want to discuss with other BB owners? (on the device!)

now in the app world (since today) forum for blackberry.

Al the functions of a normal forum but not a web app but a native BB application. Even messages in your message list if somebody reacts on your posting.

Remko
    03-05-10 07:56 AM
    what are u talking about...theres an app for the cb forums ? you didnt make much sense there
    03-05-10 08:07 AM
    what are u talking about...theres an app for the cb forums ? you didnt make much sense there
    It's not an application for other forums. It's a forum dedicated to BB owners, but it's built in a application.
    03-05-10 10:11 AM
    just try it. it is in app world search for forum or in social networking
    03-05-10 10:21 AM
    now already 600 users. cool:-)
    03-05-10 11:22 PM
    Why not just start a group on BBM?
    03-05-10 11:38 PM
    sounds interesting..i think ill DL this...do u have 2 pick a username ,how does this wokr?
    03-06-10 12:46 AM
    I belong to too many forums. I am staying put right here...

Wow my post number 700
    03-06-10 01:15 AM
    screenies:

03-06-10 08:38 AM
    On my 9700 I get a few bugs:

- switching between pages produces "connection error". However, it does still appear to load the page

- scrolling jumps too far because it highlights the "Options" tab. So someone has a long post and I scroll down, the page jumps to the next Options tab so I can't read most of the previous post.

- layout is really dependant on font size/theme. I'm not sure what the correct font size is to use but there is lots of overlapping text and layout flow looks off.

- Why does a multi-page post start on the last page? For example, there are 3 pages in the post and I go to read it. It takes me to page 3/3 instead of 1/3.
    03-06-10 10:15 AM
    On my 9700 I get a few bugs:

- switching between pages produces "connection error". However, it does still appear to load the page

- scrolling jumps too far because it highlights the "Options" tab. So someone has a long post and I scroll down, the page jumps to the next Options tab so I can't read most of the previous post.

- layout is really dependant on font size/theme. I'm not sure what the correct font size is to use but there is lots of overlapping text and layout flow looks off.

- Why does a multi-page post start on the last page? For example, there are 3 pages in the post and I go to read it. It takes me to page 3/3 instead of 1/3.
    First the bugs...i am aware of them and working on it. Hope to update monday or tuesday.

With multi page posts i always like that it starts at the end. normally where i want to go. Maybe in a later version i will make the a setting in the preferences.

thanks for the feedback.

Remko
    03-06-10 11:57 AM
    sounds interesting..i think ill DL this...do u have 2 pick a username ,how does this wokr?
    You can. if you don't it takes your default name as set in your settings. But you can change it in the forum settings.

But you don't need a password or to login etc. All automatic. (normally the need to login is so that you can ban users, but here i can always ban on device level if a users misbehaves).
    03-06-10 12:00 PM
    I noticed one more thing.

I have it set to alert me about new posts. Someone posted after me in a thread and sure enough I had an icon on my phone. I went read the reply but the alert icon didn't disappear from my BB (I waited about 1/2 hour). I even tried a battery pull.

How do I get rid of it?
    03-06-10 12:15 PM
    I can't even get this to start on my 9700, I keep getting a java error, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Will try again and post the error.
    03-06-10 03:19 PM
    Here is me exact error:::

not even a battery pull can get this cleared:::
    03-06-10 03:24 PM
    post a new version www.dotus-indonesia.com/forum/remko.jad

please post here if you still have bugs.

Remko
    03-07-10 06:37 AM
    post a new version www.dotus-indonesia.com/forum/remko.jad

please post here if you still have bugs.

Remko
    Deleted old version, installed new version, rebooted, same issue;;;

Deleting this app pending a working version.
    03-07-10 02:44 PM
    hey Remkow-is there any way in an update can u make Enter button,capable of clicking instead of the trackpad,for everything???
    03-07-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD