So instead of Centro, am now using an 8800 at the new job.

Had a couple apps that I really relied on with my palm
    1.City ID-showed where a number was from. ie, if some one called me from 919.790. I would see Raleigh NC on my screen.
    2. Comet\Palm Desktop- used this for exporting call logs to PC. Nice to be able to print a version of activity. Makes for a good CYA tool

Is there anything like these two for BB?

Most others I have found suitable replacements for like-flight status, DA\tryda

Also, What needs to be done to get headphones to work. Do I need YAFA(yet Another Frickin adapter), seems the palm one no workie

Thanks
    10-29-08 12:35 PM
    you could contact the vendors of those apps and see if they ahve a blackberry version of them.

You can also use standard stereo headset as the 8800 has a standard headset jack on the device. Alternatively you can use a bluetooth headset to do this as well.
    10-29-08 01:00 PM
    Check out Log2File by HandRapid, available at crackapp store. Just downloaded myself for a test-drive.
    12-09-08 04:40 AM
    I've never tried it, but Berry-A-Code used to be the app to do it (and was free). However, acc to post #6 in this thread, the developer had to take it down due to potential patent issues.

A little googling though uncovered the .zip for it in this thread. Besides Berry-A-Code, I couldn't find anything else other than area code lookup apps.
    12-09-08 08:53 AM
    Log2File test worked, but if you regularly backup your berry the phone log is in there. Now to access it and create a running spreadsheet, hum...
    Berry-A-Code loaded, but with a problem:
    "Uncaught exception:
    ArticInterface:ocPosToCaret:
    error 3;
    formatted text length = 29;"
    I presume this isn't going to work
    12-10-08 04:36 AM
    I came from Palm to the 8830 and found that many of my 3rd party apps were being used to make my Palm more livable. I didn't miss 'em once I had the built in apps on the 8830. One app to watch out for is Viigo. It is a memory pig. I only had it for the weather feature and once I had a push weather icon, I deleted Viigo. Another app I wound up deleting was agendus. Yes, it made my 'berry PIM data look more like it did on Palm but it was astoundingly slow. If I picked week or month view, I was in for a long beachball session.

What I have installed now is somewhat limited: Gmail. Google sync. Nintai. Empower Email Pro (saves attachments to SD card), Sudoku, Bilby File Lite, Opera Mini, Snapscreen, Aerize Card Loader, Wordcaster, QuickPull and the bphone icon theme.

On my Treos, I used to run Treolauncher, Takephone, Eventlauncher, Fontsmoother, Powerrun and a plethora of other apps to make the thing more useful. I find the BB OS is useful enough without patching it so extensively. The only apps I still have around that are somewhat similar to their Palm equivalents are the bphone theme and aerize card launcher. I wouldn't invest a whole lot of effort into creating exactly the environment you had on Palm. Windows Mobile would be more appropriate for that level of tweaking. BB OS just works and doesn't need to be patched and gussied up to get you through the day.
    12-10-08 05:18 AM
    ...Berry-A-Code loaded, but with a problem:
    "Uncaught exception:
    ArticInterface:ocPosToCaret:
    error 3;
    formatted text length = 29;"
    I presume this isn't going to work
    I installed Berry-A-Code after I posted and haven't had a problem with it so far on my 8330 running 4.5.0.97. I've gotten many calls since then but none from an unknown number, so maybe I just haven't seen the error yet. I'll have to force a test to see what happens.
    12-11-08 08:36 AM
    I used T.E.A.K on Palms for years and somehow it was the only intergrated time and expense manager in one with a desktop component for making reports?

This is the only app I wish I could find for the Berry.

Any Ideas?
    12-11-08 03:59 PM
    I installed Berry-A-Code after I posted and haven't had a problem with it so far on my 8330 running 4.5.0.97. I've gotten many calls since then but none from an unknown number, so maybe I just haven't seen the error yet. I'll have to force a test to see what happens.
    Unforced error occurs at install, tried twice. I'll leave it onboard and see if it works, but presume it won't. Maybe it's just not compatible with my Pearl, I've got 4.5.0.99 running.
    12-12-08 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD