For those of us that are having issues with our trackpad and Opera Mini, I have great news. The Bolt browser that I installed last week, today did an upgrade to ver 2.10. It now loads pages at an amazing rate, like greased lightning! Kinda reminds me of going from dial up to cable dsl. Gotta give it a try. Way to go Bolt!
    05-24-10 05:31 AM
    Just upgraded, couldn't believe how fast it loaded pages, I think this is my new favorite browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 06:01 AM
    yes that looks great..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (T�rkiye,T�rk�e,Yardım,Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    05-24-10 06:10 AM
    It seems to be faster now. Scrolling in zoom feature is still slow
    Overall it's faster. This is good news if I decided to upgrade to the 9650 if and when VZW ever decides to release it.
    05-24-10 06:50 AM
    Just wish they had a way to save your bookmarks like Opera Mini.
    05-24-10 06:55 AM
    lol, seriously?..no bookmarks?..

05-24-10 07:55 AM
    new bolt update is nice. right now this is my fav browser on the 9650. next up....webkit? lol lol
    05-24-10 08:00 AM
    They do, its called favorites.
    05-24-10 09:20 AM
    I'm not a big fan of bolt. Opera looks way better. I guess I'll be stuck using this browser until Opera gets a fix for trackpad functionality.

It gets stuck on 20% a lot when loading a webpage. C'mon opera...I miss you already!! Get this fixed plz...

05-24-10 10:53 AM
    I just downloaded bolt about an hour ago and now i see this thread
    now all I gotta do is remember how to install it
    05-24-10 11:02 AM
    Just upgraded and it works a million times better than before. Still not close to perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.
    05-24-10 11:21 AM
    bolt browser is great. I was a big opera user but its not functional on the bold with the trackpad. Im glad there is an alternative to opera. Il stick with bolt till opera gets a fix.
    05-24-10 02:11 PM
    Based on the positive comments here I down loaded Bolt and, it is a nice browser but, it has some issues. The track pad seems to be sticky in some areas of the screen near click-able links and data boxes. The browser freezes up loading pages and I get a number errors when loading pages.

This is the only app I have added to the phone and while it has a great look to it and is faster in general it has some glitches that add a clunkiness factor IMHO.

Steve
    05-24-10 07:16 PM
    Were do I get this bolt browser can some1 please link

05-24-10 11:29 PM
    I just downloaded Bolt as well and love it. For the person above, here is the link to download Bolt onto your BlackBerry - Bolt Browser - Download. In specific, type http://boltbrowser.com/boltbb.jad in your browser on your blackberry and the download is easy from there. If you have Wi-FI, it downloads in like 30 seconds. Hope this helps!
    05-25-10 02:10 AM
    Always been a big Opera fan, especially over the BB browser but I'll try this out when VZ FINALLY releases this phone.

Bolt for the Bold

Sorry couldn't resist lol
    05-25-10 02:45 AM
    I don't see what's improved, timing out on sites, spinning clocks, microscopic text.

I really wish Opera finally did something about the BlackBerry version but the iPhone seems to be the priority.

05-25-10 03:10 AM
    I'm using the default browser over bolt now lol. That's pretty crazy. I didn't use the default browser unless I didn't have a choice.

05-25-10 04:14 AM
    I don't see what's improved, timing out on sites, spinning clocks, microscopic text.

I really wish Opera finally did something about the BlackBerry version but the iPhone seems to be the priority.

If you go to "options" in Bolt, you can update the fonts to XL or XXL and increase the size of the text
    05-25-10 07:36 AM
    I can't stand that Bolt uses it's on font to render pages. Like seriously, use the specified font from the css file.

And the touch version of Google Reader doesn't work with Bolt. So it's a no go for me. Back to Opera.
    05-25-10 08:05 AM
    They do, its called favorites.
    Perhaps I should be more specific.
    I mean saving your bookmarks in regards to synchronization like in Opera Mini. If you install a new OS or changes phones with Bolt, you will loose all of your bookmarks and favorites you have saved. Opera Mini allows you to create a backup account that allows you to synchronize all of your bookmarks. If you happen to get a new device or new OS, you can pull up all of your old bookmarks to your new device.
    Bolt doesn't offer this feature. Therefore you would have to start over from scratch.

05-27-10 10:30 AM
    It won't install, says "no supporting .cod files found"

I am using pc to bb installation so I don't spend "prepaid" downloading.
    Last edited by oxywaddle; 05-27-10 at 10:39 AM. Reason: P.S.
    05-27-10 10:36 AM
    oxywaddle, go through the BlackBerry App World and search Bolt Browser and it'll download directly to your BB. That's how I did it.
    05-27-10 05:14 PM
    oxywaddle, go through the BlackBerry App World and search Bolt Browser and it'll download directly to your BB. That's how I did it.
    I guess I'll have to spend the min and do that if I can't find a download.
    05-31-10 09:35 AM
    I agree. Bolt is my main BB browser now on my 8830. I spent 3 hours browsing on Bolt without a crash whereas Operamini v5 crashed and lost the trackball control after every 5-10 minutes browsing (it happened multiple times).

One minor issue I had with Bolt is when I browse a Vietnamese website, Bolt does not render the text on webpages correctly. I think because Bolt lacks Unicode fonts. If Bolt allows adding unicode fonts then it's a perfect browser for me.

Way to go Bolt!
    05-31-10 09:58 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD