Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me if you actually want it...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Force Contact Picture Update With New Facebook

Hi All!

As anyone found a way to force an update for the facebook pictures of your contacts? For example:

I just added John Doe to my phone after I installed the new facebook and it updated everyone's picture with their facebook picture. John Doe is a friend of mine on facebook, but his facebook picture is not on my phone. How do I tell facebook to update it?

Thank you.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,318 Global Posts

i'm not sure there is an option to force it to do that. have you tried signing out of facebook, doing a battery pull, then resigning in? maybe that will force facebook to update its status and get the pic.
    I do what I can do when I can do it.
    Cobra302@crackberry.com
    Follow Me On Twitter
    CrackBerry Abuser

Open your facebook app, go to your friends list. When you find John Doe in the list, press the Menu button and there will be an option to link it to a Blackberry contact.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask

I was curious about this myself if and how it worked, I belive the new Palm Pre does this
    CrackBerry User

Yeah, but that way, it's going to send a really awkward message saying "So and so has requested you be a part of their facebook phonebook. Do you accept?"

I tested this process with a friend sitting next to me, who did not sync automatically like ~110 of my friends did (Of course, of the 260 people in my phonebook on BB, I'm probably friends with twice as many that synced... I wonder why that is?). It sent her a message that would have been very awkward to explain (as you already have John Doe's number).

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not sync everyone than have to explain to everyone why I'm "requesting" their numbers.

To me, it's worth the new update for the sole reason that it alerts me of many of my facebook friends' birthdays.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me

its a new feature and works great
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me if you actually want it...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by navygreengolf View Post
    Yeah, but that way, it's going to send a really awkward message saying "So and so has requested you be a part of their facebook phonebook. Do you accept?"

I tested this process with a friend sitting next to me, who did not sync automatically like ~110 of my friends did (Of course, of the 260 people in my phonebook on BB, I'm probably friends with twice as many that synced... I wonder why that is?). It sent her a message that would have been very awkward to explain (as you already have John Doe's number).

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not sync everyone than have to explain to everyone why I'm "requesting" their numbers.

To me, it's worth the new update for the sole reason that it alerts me of many of my facebook friends' birthdays.
    I do not want to alert my contact, that would be weird, besides facebook already does it automaticallly, now we just need to find a way to force a refresh...

I tired a battery pull and did not force an update/refresh
    CrackBerry Newbie

My facebook didn't automatically update my contacts...
    Do they have to have facebook app on their phone or does this only work for a certain blackberry model?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Cool

Most of my friends that are in my contacts and facebook have synced........except for a couple. When I highlight them, I can't get the menu to pop-up when I press th BB button. Any suggestions??
    CrackBerry User

what if i DON'T want a picture to display on an incoming call? how can i disable that?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    21E50A3A

Quote Originally Posted by navygreengolf View Post

The newest version of fb will not send the phone number request unless you opt to. It will ask you first, and give you a yes/no option.

Quote Originally Posted by joorrdaan View Post
    what if i DON'T want a picture to display on an incoming call? how can i disable that?
    If you don't want a picture to show, you have to remove the picture from your address book.
    CrackBerry User

I know how to update individual contacts is there anyway to refresh all your contacts?