Anybody know of a flashlight app for the storm that utilizes the BRIGHT flash on the camera????
    12-10-08 09:50 PM
    no. Someone already posted a thread asking th is same question.
    12-10-08 09:55 PM
    well someone should make one soon....
    12-10-08 09:57 PM
    Not to rag on it too bad, but, if you do a softreset, you have alllllllloooooooooooot of time to get up, go to the bathroom, and get a drink with the white bootscreen light guiding your way.
    12-10-08 09:59 PM
    I couldn't help, but that made me laugh... a lot.
    12-10-08 10:06 PM
    Why not try the video camera and just set the flash to on and it looks like a flashlight to me.
    12-10-08 10:08 PM
    Not to rag on it too bad, but, if you do a softreset, you have alllllllloooooooooooot of time to get up, go to the bathroom, and get a drink with the white bootscreen light guiding your way.
    Actually, I do my resets before I go to bed, that way it is ready to go by the time I get up in the morning - usually.
    12-10-08 10:08 PM
    Since I don't plan on using the video recorder much, I set the light to always on when recording and set the left convenience key to open the video recorder. So now I have a flashlight with one button push.
    12-10-08 10:16 PM
    Since I don't plan on using the video recorder much, I set the light to always on when recording and set the left convenience key to open the video recorder. So now I have a flashlight with one button push.
    Great idea Sparty. I may do that until someone comes up with an app to use the light with a single button w/o the video. But I still like the idea and am setting mine up right now, thanks
    12-15-08 09:58 AM
    One of the most useful apps I had on my iPhone. Thanks for the tip as i'll probably use the video camera trick until, hopefully, someone makes one.
    12-15-08 10:11 AM
    Excellent idea, big thumbs up on that one
    12-15-08 10:24 AM
    It works a treat to
    12-15-08 10:39 AM
    pretty dam cool! thx
    12-15-08 01:23 PM
    Note that there appears to be no way to access the Camera flash from within the API. Unless I missed something, the above workaround is the best bet until a way to access the flash is put in the Java API.

If someone does see a way to access the flash, let me know and I'll be happy to write some code.
    12-17-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD