So after getting my Bold 9900 on August 9th and doing a device switch I have been unable to access App world, to be more precise the "my world" portion of app world would cause the app world app to hang. In addition the email setup would say the server was unavailable and Blackberry Protect would not function or hang. Wiping the device does not fix the issue so don't waste your time like I did. Some have stated that the device needs a fresh reload of the OS but I have found a safer faster solution that works without all the fuss!

Connect your Bold 9900/9930 to your computer and open Blackberry Desktop Manager. When connected click on the applications button and wait until the applications load from the device. Scroll down the list until you find "blackberry identity" and click the X to the right of it and then click the apply button in the bottom left corner of Blackberry desktop manager. You may be asked if you are sure you want to delete the application and remove it from the device...yes you do!

Sit back and wait while it backs up the device and deletes the application and the reloads portions of the OS that relate to Blackberry ID (Identity) The process took about 40 min for me.

When the device reboots it will ask you to enter your blackberry id, then email address and passwords...enter them and confirm your email addresses and passwords...all apps and contacts and message data will all be there in your Bold and email will function...app world will function and so will blackberry protect!!!

Hope this helps....a week of frustration but finally a solution that fixes it without losing your switched data and applications.
    Last edited by Coach101; 08-17-11 at 10:04 PM.
    rwmorrisonjr likes this.
    08-17-11 09:55 PM
    I posted the same reply in another thread in which you posted this 'solution':

'This sounds great unfortunately 'blackberry identity' is no where to be found on my applications list from within Blackberry Desktop Manager.......'

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    08-17-11 11:34 PM
    What are the .cod files for BBID? This solution -- using BBSAK to replace the OS6 .cod files that are apparently ported over during a device switch -- was put forth in the other thread. Sounds viable, but of course you need to know the names of the files. Somebody? Anybody? Buehler?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 04:13 AM
    08-18-11 06:43 AM
    Should I do a device switch and then do this process?
    08-18-11 07:08 AM
    I don't know whether the OP find it out that way, but I saw this BTSC issue report on one of the other threads. The second part of the workaround addresses this:

I posted the same reply in another thread in which you posted this 'solution':

'This sounds great unfortunately 'blackberry identity' is no where to be found on my applications list from within Blackberry Desktop Manager.......'

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    As the BTSC report says: "if the above [BlackBerry Identity] is not available [on the Applications List], applications can be updated/installed from BlackBerry App World using a USB connection from here or by visiting appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
    08-18-11 07:09 AM
    Someone remind me as it's been a while since I did a device switch.... Am I right in saying that it carries over your BBM contacts?
    08-18-11 08:16 AM
    Good for you OP, i didn't have any issues whatsoever.
    08-18-11 08:20 AM
    quick question, will i have any problems if i only plan on using my current BB ID (which im using on my 9700 at the moment) on my new 9900 when i'll have it?

someone said you cant use the same BB ID on 2 BB's simultaneously, but its okay to use my current BB ID on the 9900 if i wont use my 9700 afterwards anymore
    correct?

or will i encounter any problems/bugs ?? (i really dont wanna make another BB ID, wanna keep my current one)
    thanks in advance
    08-18-11 08:21 AM
    I don't know whether the OP find it out that way, but I saw this BTSC issue report on one of the other threads. The second part of the workaround addresses this:

As the BTSC report says: "if the above [BlackBerry Identity] is not available [on the Applications List], applications can be updated/installed from BlackBerry App World using a USB connection from here or by visiting appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
    I cannot seem to access either of those links when I try to log in
    08-18-11 11:43 AM
    quick question, will i have any problems if i only plan on using my current BB ID (which im using on my 9700 at the moment) on my new 9900 when i'll have it?

You will not have any issues...this is exactly what I did

2)someone said you cant use the same BB ID on 2 BB's simultaneously, but its okay to use my current BB ID on the 9900 if i wont use my 9700 afterwards anymore
    correct?

As far as I know you can only use the ID on one phone...this is how the devices emails not get transfered from device to device

3)or will i encounter any problems/bugs ?? (i really dont wanna make another BB ID, wanna keep my current one)
    thanks in advance

You can keep your current ID and you do not have to create a new one...this process worked like a charm for me!
    Seijuro likes this.
    08-18-11 01:40 PM
    Should I do a device switch and then do this process?
    Yes in that order!
    08-18-11 01:44 PM
    Someone remind me as it's been a while since I did a device switch.... Am I right in saying that it carries over your BBM contacts?
    Yes the switch will carry over bbm contacts
    08-18-11 01:46 PM
    Iv been having this problem since the 9th as well ! First it used to say "unable to login to your blackberry ID" and now it says "enter the username associated with this smartphone"!! its so frustrating...i enter the correct username and password but it gives that message. And at times when I try to enter MyWorld it gives a quick "please wait" message and then returns to the original main page...please help!
    08-18-11 07:09 PM
    Iv been having this problem since the 9th as well ! First it used to say "unable to login to your blackberry ID" and now it says "enter the username associated with this smartphone"!! its so frustrating...i enter the correct username and password but it gives that message. And at times when I try to enter MyWorld it gives a quick "please wait" message and then returns to the original main page...please help!

I just got a new 9930 today and i used the device transfer through desktop manager. It caused all of the login issues with blackberry ID and BB app world.
    I found that if you take out the new SIM card and put in the SIM card from the previous phone everything works great. (Does the BB ID get associated with the SIM to cause this issue?)
    I can now log into BB app world and BB ID

Hope this helps
    08-19-11 10:37 PM
    Thanks for the tip, this worked great for my 9930!
    08-25-11 08:31 AM
    i did this it didn't work !!!
    01-28-13 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD