For the first time RIM advertises Twitter for Blackberry in the Times of India!!!! Check this one out !!
    02-10-10 03:32 AM
    Hate to dampen the expectation but they have been putting twitter on adverts here for a long time, it can easily refer to the mobile web rather than an app.
    02-10-10 04:30 AM
    Hate to dampen the expectation but they have been putting twitter on adverts here for a long time, it can easily refer to the mobile web rather than an app.
    Good point!
    02-10-10 06:44 AM
    RIM south africa have been advertising the same for months now, doesnt mean that there is an official twitter app comming at all I think.
    02-10-10 06:58 AM
    Yeah, they're just leveraging the Twitter name......hey look, you can use Twitter on this phone......and you can on any other phone.
    02-10-10 07:48 AM
    Almost seems to be an ad for Twitter itself. Not that RIM would openly push the Twitter service, but there are some famous instances where Twitter has been useful in getting out information. There may be a 3rd party involved in this line of advertising, someone who would want to see a regular flow of eyes-on information from those areas. Conspiracy theory anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 07:56 AM
    I think the lack of a copyright thing means they're just using the twitter name. An app they create would use the little 'r' thing because they have to pay for it. They don't have a Windows Live app, do they? no register mark, either.
    02-10-10 10:09 AM
    I think the lack of a copyright thing means they're just using the twitter name. An app they create would use the little 'r' thing because they have to pay for it. They don't have a Windows Live app, do they? no register mark, either.
    They have a Windows Live application. "Windows Live Messenger", it's one of their instant messengers. They usually place it in the 'chat' folder.
    02-10-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD