So im finally starting to get a handle on my curve 8900. So now that im a bit more comfortable with the product as a whole I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for an SD memory card and some battery power saving apps from the crackberry app store? thanks.
    05-06-09 02:35 PM
    Buy the largest SD card you can afford... and also buy it from a reputable place like Amazon or NewEgg.

Battery power savings... check out AutoStandBy... after that just be sure to use Menu > Close to close any apps you open... you can check all apps by holding down the Alt key and pressing the Esc key (just to the right of the trackball)... there are 5 apps that run as part of the Blackberry OS that will never stop (Browser, Call Log, Home Screen, Messages, and Messenger).
    05-06-09 02:42 PM
    welcome to the blackberry family. Good luck with your blackberry.
    05-06-09 03:10 PM
    I wouldn't say buy the LARGEST you can. What do you need it for? If you just need it to save some pictures taken by your 8900, then honestly 512mb would do (if something that small still exists ), but if you want media then look into an 8-16gb size. But hey, if you don't NEED it now, then wait - prices ONLY go down..
    05-06-09 04:42 PM
    Welcome to the addiction..............'fatboy97' is right on target, that been said the SD depends on your needs, currently using an 8 GB and still have a lot of memory to fill, just make sure is a CLASS 6.....Good luck, Ray.
    05-06-09 05:59 PM
    I've just been using a 2GB and it's more than enough for me to just store pictures and random stuff on. However, if you are going to be putting a lot of MP3's on it, then you'd want to get a larger card. Personally, I've always used the cheapest brand SD card I could find for my BB's (and digital camera) and have never had an issue with them.
    05-06-09 06:05 PM
    Just take my advice-

4GB - 8GB (sdhc) that's what you really need, if you wanted to watch movie clips. themes, mp3, and more..

apps, depend on its what you need/ looking for. however beejive is best program IMs..

G'LUCK!
    05-06-09 08:01 PM
    Welcome..you are now one of us.......don't be scared!
    05-06-09 08:42 PM
    So im finally starting to get a handle on my curve 8900. So now that im a bit more comfortable with the product as a whole I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for an SD memory card and some battery power saving apps from the crackberry app store? thanks.
    Here's the limits on media cards with their respective Operating Systems...

BlackBerry Device Software version Media card size limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    05-06-09 09:37 PM
    I ordered 8GB SD card on the way soon.

dg
    05-06-09 10:17 PM