So I know there is already a thread talking about this and many pages of posts, but that was a request for an app. This is an announcement of release of an app for doing some firefighter calculations that I have built over the past few days with help from several firefighters on this board.

It is located OTA at:

http://firestrm.thruhere.net/firefighter.jad

The app is free and the UI is basic. I will put up a page tomorrow that will have a link for donations that are always welcome.

Thanks and let me know what you think.

-frank
    11-13-09 12:12 AM
    Again its great work and the update was great too, I could read the words fine, very very useful tool and I appreciate the time put into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 12:26 AM
    Version 0.3 released with Hazmat Placard info.

I will try to release 0.4 later tonight to fix the a couple minor issues found by some of the users and to ad dmore bore sizes.

-frank
    Last edited by kaediil; 11-13-09 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added screenshots
    11-13-09 04:24 PM
    Actually, the upload is giving me trouble so hold off until I can resolve it.

11-13-09 04:49 PM
    Ok, thanks again, ill be keeping an eye out for when its ready.

11-13-09 06:00 PM
    Ok, give it a shot now I think things are resolved now.

-frank
    11-13-09 06:39 PM
    Excellent application. Running on my storm 2 right now. Great job.

11-13-09 06:55 PM
    I am already getting excellent feedback from co workers, they love it, and word is getting around about it.
    11-13-09 09:13 PM
    I can't seem to get it to work right on my Storm2.
    It won't let me select the hose or nozzle size buttons.
    Is the keyboard supposed to always be on the screen as well?
    11-13-09 10:22 PM
    Ok, new version is up..

New this build:
    Moved hose friction that I calculate out of the middle of the user entered fields for the total pump pressure calculation
    Fog Nozzle Reaction
    NFPA 1231 Water Supply and GPM
    Fixes to a couple of placards
    Added more nozzle sizes to the smooth bore calculations.

After this one I am gonna take a break for a bit, have some stuff I have to take care of this weekend.

Web page with Paypal link for donations is up at:
    Home

OTA link can be found on the product List page off this home page.

NDJollyMon, I am really sorry I do not have a Storm to test on. I have tested it on the simulator and I know buttons at one time worked there. Did you at all try compatibility mode? As for the keyboard - umm I am not sure what I did to make the keyboard show up. Sorry, I may get a chance to look at that later, but I am not 100% sure how to fix that.

-frank
    11-14-09 12:15 AM
    I am running on my storm2 and it works fine. Makes sure that you disable compatability mode. I had to do this the first time I downloaded version .2
    11-14-09 11:43 AM
    I am liking 0.4 its better and better, thanks again, i hope people will help with donations, since you put alot of time into it.
    11-14-09 02:24 PM
    It is interesting to note that the logs show 1100 total hits/downloads of the app since I put up version 0.1. Apparently some people are finding it

-frank

11-14-09 05:08 PM
    Awesome. This will be very helpful in my fire science classes. Thank you.
    11-14-09 05:13 PM
    Nice work
    11-14-09 05:15 PM
    Oh, my wife is concerned that I make sure you all know I make no warranty or claim as to the correctness or accuracy of the calculations. So you can't blame me for failing your fire science class for example. I believe all the calculations are correct, but since I am not and never have been a firefighter I would not recognize an error. On the other hand I would greatly appreciate it if you find an error that you send me an email and let me know.

I just don't want something terrible to happen or get sued because of this software.

-frank

11-14-09 06:08 PM
    Yea, thats understandable, i think you have enough eyes on it that we will be able to let you know if theres errors, also if any firefighter SOLELY relies on this app to perform fire ground operations, they better have a talking to, its our responsibility to know this stuff..
    11-14-09 06:20 PM
    I am running on my storm2 and it works fine. Makes sure that you disable compatability mode. I had to do this the first time I downloaded version .2
    I'm new with this Blackberry Storm2. Can you tell me how to disable compatability mode? I've looked all over....
    11-14-09 09:59 PM
    wonder if they would let me use this for my Lt. test on wednesday?
    11-15-09 10:50 AM
    cant wait to see the ERG app.
    11-19-09 06:57 PM
    Version 1.1 of the Firefighters Toolkit has been released.
    • This version has cleaned up all screens that previously used small fonts, they are much more user friendly and provide more information.

• Added a screen that has a list of auto ignition temperatures for a set of material.

As always, let me know if there are any problems with this version. The link is as always:

http://firestrm.thruhere.net/Firefighter.jad

Thanks,
    -frank
    11-24-09 02:25 PM
    so far this app has been a hit in my dept.
    12-12-09 08:44 PM
    great app, nice to be able to review things before teaching probies
    01-29-10 11:06 PM
    thanks! If you have any suggestions for improvement, let me know!

-frank

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-29-10 11:46 PM
    I used it mostly to double check my answers in class. It worked very well. Thanks a ton.
    01-30-10 02:53 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD