Well, after a bit of fun last night trying to find my BlackBerry Storm, I've decided I need to track down a good locator app for it.

Just curious if someone can recommend a good app that can cause the BB to sound an alarm (even in vibrate/silent mode) if it gets some sort of signal. I presume the apps would work by sending a unique e-mail or something to the device.
    10-11-09 05:43 PM
    Berry Locator.

Every single thing you said in your entry is what Berry Locator is. You send a unique phrase (customizable if you'd like, though you have to be sure to remember it, so "findme" is default I think. something like that. I like to keep it on that) to your bb, your bb goes insane lighting up and making annoying noises even if it were in silent or vibrate mode, you find it.
    10-11-09 07:47 PM
    Darnit, this app isn't compatible with OS 5.0.0.230

May downgrade so I can run it though - seems to do what I want. Thanks.
    10-11-09 08:09 PM
    Nikkisoft the Quicklaunch developer seems to be working on a similar app. There is a screen shot of "QuickFind" on NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher and it says coming soon - how soon is soon who knows, still...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 11:59 PM
    I used BerryLocator. Liked it. Ran fine on my Curve using 4.5.0.131. But then I found SmrtGuard. Not free but for everything it does, I just love it. Piece mind knowing I can wipe the device, locate it, track it and backup and restore remotely. I am hooked!

May not be worth your price point but take a look just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 03:04 AM
    I have used both. Smrt guard and berry locator..they are both good!
    10-12-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD