I've noticed lot of the themes have space for a weather app, so I was just wondering what peoples favourites are? From the screenshots i've seen I like the look of the ones that update the icon itself, anyone recommend one?
    08-27-09 06:49 AM
    BerryWeather....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:20 AM
    I like BBWeather. It updates and it's free!
    08-27-09 07:44 AM
    Thanks for those, BBWeather looks good and the 'free' bit is a bonus, so ill definitely be giving it a go
    08-27-09 07:52 AM
    I chose BerryWeather over BBweather for the radar.
    08-27-09 07:58 AM
    My vote berry weather.

08-27-09 08:00 AM
    BerryWeather...hands down!

08-27-09 08:00 AM
    WeatherBug for me!
    http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad
    Works for the Bold and Javelin

08-27-09 08:11 AM
    I am having problems with BBWeather, doesnt seem to want to work. Maybe its because i'm in the uk?

I dont really value weather tracking at $10, any other cheaper/free alternatives?
    08-27-09 08:15 AM
    Why not just use Viigo, it has weather as part of the other apps within the app?

Probably not the best weather app but it is free and if you just need a forecast, which you probably do or else you would pay for a weather app, then it will do you fine.

Plus the bonus is there is all the other stuff in there too!

Cheers
    08-27-09 08:22 AM
    I am having problems with BBWeather, doesnt seem to want to work. Maybe its because i'm in the uk?

I dont really value weather tracking at $10, any other cheaper/free alternatives?
    Weatherbug works for me, it finds Carlisle no probs!

It's free (although there is a pro version which you pay for) and updates automatically and looks good on the homescreen. I've found that there are not many themes that display the temperatures permanently. I'm using Berrygreen v2 which does and I've found that Winberry 7 Ultimate v3.1 does too.
    08-27-09 08:38 AM
    I like BerryWeather the best. I believe it's 9.99 (one time payment, no subscription)

There are radar maps, instant weather alerts, and you can view hourly forecasts.
    Also works fast and doesn't slow my BB down.

08-27-09 08:42 AM
    Another vote for BerryWeather here.
    08-27-09 08:44 AM
    I like BerryWeather the best. I believe it's 9.99 (one time payment, no subscription)

There are radar maps, instant weather alerts, and you can view hourly forecasts.
    Also works fast and doesn't slow my BB down.

Doesn't work for the UK, I know, I've tried it!
    08-27-09 09:00 AM
    Is WeatherBug free??? On the link below, there is a link to BB App World where it can be purchased for $4.99. Is this a one time fee? I thought one had to subscribe ($$$) to their service.

Also on that link, on the right it reads, "WeatherBug also offers a FREE, ad-supported version..."

Anyone downloaded it recently and know the details?

WeatherBug Elite for BlackBerry - WeatherBug Mobile
    08-27-09 09:03 AM
    Weatherbug is free as I've been using it for a couple of months now.
    Yes it has ads but not intrusive ones, and then only when you actually open the app.
    08-27-09 09:07 AM
    Weatherbug is free as I've been using it for a couple of months now.
    Yes it has ads but not intrusive ones, and then only when you actually open the app.
    Thanks for your reply!

From where did you download the "ad supported" version? Ads don't bother me either.

The link below is to a Press Release on Aug 20th. It does mention a one time fee of $4.99. Not bad if really there are no "subscription fees".

WeatherBug Elite Now Available on BlackBerry App World
    08-27-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks for your reply!

From where did you download the "ad supported" version? Ads don't bother me either.

The link below is to a Press Release on Aug 20th. It does mention a one time fee of $4.99. Not bad if really there are no "subscription fees".

WeatherBug Elite Now Available on BlackBerry App World
    DL from BB App World!

I just checked and the free version is number 14 in the Top Free list.
    08-27-09 09:30 AM
    The thing with Weatherbug is that the radar screen only works with BBMaps which is disabled by AT&T

08-27-09 09:31 AM
    The thing with Weatherbug is that the radar screen only works with BBMaps which is disabled by AT&T

Radar is not available in the UK which is where the OP is!

It is the only weather app I've tried that actually finds my home CITY!
    08-27-09 09:34 AM
    Radar is not available in the UK which is where the OP is!

It is the only weather app I've tried that actually finds my home CITY!
    Well, radar doesn't work in the States either unless you have BBMaps installed. That was my point.

08-27-09 10:03 AM
    I use WeatherEye. It is a free app and I like the changing icon to reflect the current conditions.
    08-27-09 10:14 AM
    I started with BBWeather... great app that will not cost you anything... then came BerryWeather with GPS location and a real look at radar motion in action... yes, it cost a little money, but it's a great app and well worth the money.
    08-27-09 10:15 AM
    I use WeatherEye. It is a free app and I like the changing icon to reflect the current conditions.
    I started with BBWeather... great app that will not cost you anything... then came BerryWeather with GPS location and a real look at radar motion in action... yes, it cost a little money, but it's a great app and well worth the money.
    Still don't work in the UK!
    08-27-09 10:51 AM
    Weather eye is very nice I like it just what I wanted

08-27-09 11:00 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD