So i've been messing around with the fandango app for a bit and I have 1 main question:

If I buy tickets to a showing on my BB, what happens after that? Do I just show the resulting page to the theater ticket attendant and they hand me my tickets? What happens?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 11:57 PM
    I know when you buy them online you will get a 14 digit code and a barcode and you can either input the code at the little kiosk or scan the barcode. I would imagine it would be the same with the app except you can't scan the barcode with it being on your phone (or at least that's what I assume).

12-29-09 12:42 AM
    When I used to buy them on my BB off of the mobile site I would go to the ticket MACHINES and use the pickup ticket option. You just need the credit card you used to buy them with.
    12-29-09 06:47 AM
    Fandango is awesome! i've been using the computer, then mobile site for years. So glad there's an app for that now!

As stated above, all you need to do is go to the Fandango terminal inside the theater and insert the card you used to buy the tickets with. i've never had to wait in line to use the kiosk where i live (mostly seniors) and the tickets pop out in seconds. Never get the Sold Out disappointment. Very cool.

i didn't know about the barcode thing though. i saw Avatar last week and there was a place on the Fandango terminal to scan a barcode and i was wondering what it was. i assume if you get the barcode on your BlackBerry you can scan it. i'd like to try that. Has anyone?

12-29-09 06:58 AM
    I think you would get a barcode, but I don't know if the scanning would work since it's on the phone . I know when you do it on the computer you will get the barcode and can scan it at the kiosk (they will also send you an email with the information).
    12-29-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD