Fandandgo App updated to 2.0

Now works for the Bold 9650
    08-13-10 08:15 PM
    Hmm, still doesn't show up in search
    08-13-10 08:18 PM
    This is from the Email they sent me.

We�re excited to inform you that we�ve updated the Fandango BlackBerry App! Please click on the link below from your supported BlackBerry device web browser to upgrade your app now.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EFRD4hY9

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:22 PM
    I tried Fandango and didn't like it...the previews never played but I got that email too. I know a lot of people like it and most likely I did something wrong that contributed to the problem. Either way I prefer Poynt.
    08-13-10 08:24 PM
    The previews worked for me. Maybe they fixed it. They open through the web browser, and they seem to be low quality.
    It also allows me to purchase tickets to movie showtimes. I've never doen it before. I wonder how it works? Does it beat standing in those long lines?

08-13-10 08:27 PM
    Poynt has all that stuff too. The thing I discovered is many theaters don't do the online thing. Anyway I know most folks love Fandango so it must be pretty good.
    08-13-10 08:31 PM
    Poynt has all that stuff too. The thing I discovered is many theaters don't do the online thing. Anyway I know most folks love Fandango so it must be pretty good.
    My Theater doesn't support the vendor that Poynt uses. It does, however, supports Fandango.

08-13-10 08:40 PM
    Minus purchasing tickets (which I don't do online), I like Flixster a ton (especially since it can use reviews based off of rottentomatoes)... The new version is awesome.

However for purchasing tickets, it will call Fandango for you, but that's the only purchase method it has right now.
    Last edited by papped; 08-13-10 at 08:54 PM.
    08-13-10 08:52 PM
    Minus purchasing tickets (which I don't do online), I like Flixster a ton (especially since it can use reviews based off of rottentomatoes)... The new version is awesome.

However for purchasing tickets, it will call Fandango for you, but that's the only purchase method it has right now.
    Just downloaded Flixster. Seems to be a very good app. I like how it views the movie trailer within the app, and the video quality is very good.
    The theater near me doesn't have the option to purchase tickets, but another theater not too far away does.
    My only gripe is that it will not allow me to Email the movie times to my friends or family. I use this feature when looking up movie times. I would find the movie times and Email them so whoever I'm going with can choose what times they would like to go. I'm unable to do this in Flixster. That's the only thing it seems to be missing.
    It will only allow me to Email someone the application link for download, or the Flixster website.
    08-13-10 09:29 PM
    I'd send them a support email, maybe they will add it in the future. But yeah, the app is great for movie info, actor info, trailers, etc.
    08-13-10 10:11 PM
    I'd send them a support email, maybe they will add it in the future. But yeah, the app is great for movie info, actor info, trailers, etc.
    I sent a suggestion to them earlier. I sent it to the email address associated with the app in App World.
    08-13-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD