i got a replacement on my 8900 and since then i havent been able to install Fancy Characters on my phone because it doesn't recognise my activation code! it tells me to go on the website to get a new activation code but there's nothing there just a bunch of FAQs and old OTA links. i emailed support but no response. anyone else ever had this problem? or know where i can get a new activation code?

TIA for any help!
    01-18-11 10:05 AM
    Moved to BB Apps

Where did you purchase it from? The CB Store/Mobihand, OR did you get it from App World?
    01-18-11 10:07 AM
    oh sorry and thankyou :]

i got it from blackberry app world, the activation code isn't even like a proper code it's like a massive link? heeelllpp lol
    01-18-11 10:31 AM
    Hi,
    Yes... I have encountered this for every version since I had been beta testing for this app for him from the begining.

You stated that you have sent a request email to the developer, so I would say be patient for his reply. Sergey is good for replying to emails.

1)You can send it to [email protected]
    2)Make sure you mention everything here in this thread... IE-Pin#, point & date of purchase, etc.
    3)He will most likely respond with an email stating that he has updated his servers with your PIN manually for your device.
    4)You can then open the application and select automatic registration, which will open your browser to his page to click on a confirmation link. Close the browser, and you will be good to go.

You will probably never actually see the new registration code, but as long as your pin is valid, it can always be registered automatically. If you switch devices, just ask him again. Just be patient for a reply, as he has a ton of emails to go through.

Hope this helps.
    01-18-11 12:14 PM
    Hi,
    Yes... I have encountered this for every version since I had been beta testing for this app for him from the begining.

You stated that you have sent a request email to the developer, so I would say be patient for his reply. Sergey is good for replying to emails.

1)You can send it to [email protected]
    2)Make sure you mention everything here in this thread... IE-Pin#, point & date of purchase, etc.
    3)He will most likely respond with an email stating that he has updated his servers with your PIN manually for your device.
    4)You can then open the application and select automatic registration, which will open your browser to his page to click on a confirmation link. Close the browser, and you will be good to go.

You will probably never actually see the new registration code, but as long as your pin is valid, it can always be registered automatically. If you switch devices, just ask him again. Just be patient for a reply, as he has a ton of emails to go through.

Hope this helps.
    thanks a lot, this sure does help i know that he actually exists now and it's not just an email address lol!

i will be watching this space and let you guys know..
    01-18-11 12:52 PM
    Yup, this is a problem with server based activation, but with warez it's the only way devs can protect their work.
    Serjey will probably get back to you pretty quick - I emailed him about a bug in his new app Fancy Widgets, he had a new build within the day. Good guy.
    01-18-11 08:48 PM
    well will be watching this thread, as I have tried for 3 weeks to get this resolved. Sucks the app is a couple bucks but can't even purchase another copy cause it says I have it already.
    01-19-11 09:22 PM
    oh god i've been waiting a week now, hope the support man hasnt changed his email!!!
    01-20-11 03:05 AM
    I never did get any reply from this outfit. So unless you want to give them another few bucks my guess is out of luck. Cannot purchase another version from appworld but I did purchase one from crackberry. After doing it realized that it is not worth it anyway. I did not realize that many of the sms ones don't work in Canada because of the type of network we have or something.
    02-09-11 11:21 PM
    yeah i just had to purchase an upgrade :/
    02-10-11 01:02 AM
    I never purchase any apps from App World. I only use App World for free apps.

When apps are purchased through Mobihand/CrackBerry App Store, if you get a new device, you just need to change your device/PIN on your account page, and they will usually let you swap your apps to your new device in less than 24 hrs.

I know this will not help you now, but for any future purchases of paid app, I would suggest using Mobihand/CrackBerry App Store.
    02-10-11 01:16 AM
    I never purchase any apps from App World. I only use App World for free apps.

When apps are purchased through Mobihand/CrackBerry App Store, if you get a new device, you just need to change your device/PIN on your account page, and they will usually let you swap your apps to your new device in less than 24 hrs.

I know this will not help you now, but for any future purchases of paid app, I would suggest using Mobihand/CrackBerry App Store.
    ah you're so right i discovered this too late though haha! thanks
    02-10-11 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD