I'm not sure if someone has requested this, but how about an app that works like the one on the iPhone or iTouch, where you can set a fake call, or press a button to activate one, that brings up a screen exactly like the real one, change ringtone, contact, picture, ect? Seems useful and not too difficult.
    02-23-09 10:40 PM
    I saw someone else mention this somewhere, and I give this a definite +1, that would be quite useful.
    02-23-09 11:04 PM
    How is this useful?
    Not saying all apps on the Storm have to be useful, I love my Light Saber app.
    But really, are you trying to impress someone and say “Oh, I have a phone call”
    02-23-09 11:23 PM
    How is this useful?
    But really, are you trying to impress someone and say “Oh, I have a phone call”
    lol everyone wants to look like a VIP
    02-23-09 11:26 PM
    How is this useful?
    But really, are you trying to impress someone and say �Oh, I have a phone call�
    Handy for situations where u wanna get out but can't... Bind it to a convenience key, reach into your pocket and "oh sorry guys important phone call!". Aaand you're out
    02-23-09 11:31 PM
    toysoft.ca had one for the pearl. I used to use it..get out of meetings, etc. Still not working on storm, but they sem to be updating it. see this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/fak...cussion-50227/
    02-23-09 11:32 PM
    It would come in handy when dealing with the ex "hold on I can't fight with you right now grandma is calling." yep It would work.
    Last edited by BlueGray1; 02-23-09 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Baf spelling I mean bad spelling and poor grammar
    02-23-09 11:38 PM
    ^^^ Point taken
    02-23-09 11:42 PM
    Very good app to have. When I'm in meetings and want to get out this would be useful. I hope one comes out for the Storm soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 12:08 AM
    i am 99.9% i saw an app in novemeber that did this for the storm.
    02-24-09 02:00 AM
    Interested.
    02-24-09 02:33 AM
    I can see the benifits of this. I'd use it.
    02-24-09 03:00 AM
    The one from toysoft.ca does work. I downloaded the trial and it works ok. Its not meant for the storm but it still works fine. You just need to scroll usinf the touch screen. Demo version says "Demo version" on the screen when the "call" comes through.
    02-24-09 05:02 AM
    Exactly my point. I wouldn't want it to look cool, but to get out of bad situations. Like you could time it, or use a convenience key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:16 AM
    we have updated our FakeCall app to work on the Storm.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/storm/FakeCall.jad

Note: this is not free. It is shareware.

Website Fake Call and purchase here.

new in the Storm version is you can set a fakecall from the Calendar app. Just create a new appt and put in the keyword [fakecall] and save then wait for the fakecall.

use the Green and Red buttons. the touch screen buttons does not work.
    02-24-09 04:51 PM
    Hahaha this cracks me up!

Can the Storm version be set to a convenience key?
    02-24-09 05:04 PM
    Hahaha this cracks me up!

Can the Storm version be set to a convenience key?
    you can but it wont trigger a fakecall. the reason is there is noway to tell if the app was launched from a convenience key.
    02-24-09 05:17 PM

use the Green and Red buttons. the touch screen buttons does not work.
    I have to use those anyway because half the time the ones on the touch screen don't work...
    02-24-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD