So I am trying to connect my facebook to my BlackBerry contacts and it seems to just not work anymore. All of the contacts that had been connected on my Curve and Storm remain connected with images and what not. Why is this no longer working? Is this just something with the Tour?
    08-19-09 12:38 AM
    go to friends in facebook. the friends that are synched with blackberry contacts should have icon like phonebook/contacts icon next to them. u have to go through and hit menu refresh blackberry contact on each one. ya i kno a pain in the ****.
    08-19-09 01:04 AM
    I think FB is aware and working on an update to their app for this, but yeah it's a pita for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 01:09 AM
    Well I tried your suggestions to no avail

But then I searched some other forums and think I found the problem.

My company recently activated Enterprise server on my BlackBerry, and apparently BES has server permissions that don't allow 3rd party applications to sync to your contacts, calendar, etc.

That's all I really got out of it, so I'm not really sure what the fix is, if there is one, or if the next version of FB will somehow address this?

End result: I'm kinda bummed. Having FB sync was pretty nice!
    08-19-09 03:00 PM
    And hey, thank you all for the tips and suggestions!!! Much appreciated!
    08-19-09 03:20 PM
    I have a new Tour with 1300+ contacts, when I visited the Facebook App it automatically synced my facebook acct with my contacts. My issue is it didn't sync correctly and now the Facebook name listed isn't the correct name for the contact. Has any had this problem and how did you fix it? The Facebook name in the contact info cannot be edited. Also what is the best calendar to sync with the Tour? I'm trying to set something up that can be sent to my Tour as well as my wifes. Thank you in advace for your help!
    09-10-09 09:08 PM
    I've had problems with this two.. was only able to get 26 of my 100+ contacts synced..
    09-10-09 10:57 PM
    Well I tried your suggestions to no avail

But then I searched some other forums and think I found the problem.

My company recently activated Enterprise server on my BlackBerry, and apparently BES has server permissions that don't allow 3rd party applications to sync to your contacts, calendar, etc.

That's all I really got out of it, so I'm not really sure what the fix is, if there is one, or if the next version of FB will somehow address this?

End result: I'm kinda bummed. Having FB sync was pretty nice!
    Probably best not to f* with BES. Its secured for a reason
    09-11-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD