ok so i was just minding my own buisness playing some brick breaker and BOOM! this facebook icon just poped into my menu... i dont know were it came from i dont even have a facebook so i tryed to make it go away, and i think i figured it out. i did a battery pull just to make sure and i put the battery back in after a few minutes and SHIZAM!! its back!!! could somebody tell me whats going on? it seems to be a shortcut to some web page but i dont want it on my phone. help me make it go away... ready go!
    08-14-08 06:37 PM
    ok so i was just minding my own buisness playing some brick breaker and BOOM! this facebook icon just poped into my menu... i dont know were it came from i dont even have a facebook so i tryed to make it go away, and i think i figured it out. i did a battery pull just to make sure and i put the battery back in after a few minutes and SHIZAM!! its back!!! could somebody tell me whats going on? it seems to be a shortcut to some web page but i dont want it on my phone. help me make it go away... ready go!

You can hide it, but other than that, sorry! It is only an icon, Facebook isn't installed. It is sent to your phone when your service books are sent.
    08-14-08 06:39 PM
    service books? i dont even know what that means...
    08-14-08 06:41 PM
    08-14-08 06:47 PM
    Here's a basic explanation:http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...e-books-56470/

Doing a search on service books will provide more.
    08-14-08 06:49 PM
    Neither will my ex wife. But hey, what you gonna do about it, right?
    08-14-08 11:56 PM
    Neither will my ex wife. But hey, what you gonna do about it, right?
    Aint that the truth!

Boo my friend , I don't know what OS you are running but when I upgraded to 4.5.0.66 the FaceBook Icon was GONE. The app was still listed under Advanced Applications but I had to redownload and write over the old app with the new one.

And YES it is an application AND a launcher on your phone , with Verizon anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 12:05 AM
    Oh and I should probably mention I use the FaceBook app quite often and find it handy.

08-15-08 12:07 AM
    I love the facebook app but I once had for some reason to delete it and happened the same thing, what I did was a battery pull, downloaded it again, went to advance options and deleted it from there, and a battery pulled again and Voila! Gone

08-15-08 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD