New version of Facebook available on appworld, v 3.0.0.15

Pretty nice update, slightly new layout for Status, Photos, Location. Allows for tagging friends in status updates (been waiting for this!) and can now be connected to BBM.
    04-11-12 01:00 PM
    trouble installing on my 9800. Get a uncaught exception java error . have deleted and reinstalled 2 times still the same. went to blackberry.com/facebook to download a fresh install and still on reboot got the same error. At this time I have no Facebook icon and its shows up as installed under application management and uninstalled under my world in app world. Oh well no facebok now for me unless somebody can tell me something to do.
    04-11-12 07:41 PM
    trouble installing on my 9800. Get a uncaught exception java error . have deleted and reinstalled 2 times still the same. went to blackberry.com/facebook to download a fresh install and still on reboot got the same error. At this time I have no Facebook icon and its shows up as installed under application management and uninstalled under my world in app world. Oh well no facebok now for me unless somebody can tell me something to do.
    Me too. Kinda annoying. I tried rroyy also.
    04-11-12 08:00 PM
    I guess this weekend I'll have to try a wipe of my os and try to reinstall everything. Not sure exactly how to do that but maybe someone can head me in the right direction
    04-11-12 08:03 PM
    I guess this weekend I'll have to try a wipe of my os and try to reinstall everything. Not sure exactly how to do that but maybe someone can head me in the right direction
    I'm actually sick of doing this. It's becoming so tedious.
    04-11-12 08:07 PM
    yes i know what you mean. its a pain
    04-11-12 08:08 PM
    I get the " We are unable to reach the server at this time (0)" error...
    04-11-12 11:19 PM
    Hi, new here.

I get the " We are unable to reach the server at this time (0)" error as well.

Silly me for upgrading an app. I should've read the reviews before upgrading? Is there any way to install the old version?
    04-12-12 12:15 AM
    Hi, new here.

I get the " We are unable to reach the server at this time (0)" error as well.

Silly me for upgrading an app. I should've read the reviews before upgrading? Is there any way to install the old version?

Go to rroyy.com for older versions.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    mountainlab likes this.
    04-12-12 12:31 AM
    i solved my error problem. apparently that java error i was getting is related to a lack of memory. i deleted the old Bolt browser i had and installed facebook no problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry Forum app by Tapatalk
    04-12-12 02:00 AM
    I have TWO 'please wait' requests, one from appworld and one from the phone itself (I think). Not good so far...
    04-12-12 04:59 AM
    Did a soft reset, worked fine after that (just needed a kick up the a$$ I think)
    04-12-12 05:08 AM
    i have no problem install it with my bold 9900 and 9800...all install and run smoothly...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-12-12 06:53 AM
    i got Facebook installed on my 9800. I looked around on the blackberry forums and saw where this error is related to lack of memory or at least that what I was able to make out of it. I deleted the old app for Bolt browser and then reinstalled Facebook and went right through no problem. Now if I can find someone that can tell me how to look and see how much device memory this thing has and how much I got left. It appears that apps install only to device memory and there is no way to install it to the sd card. Anyway this is what worked for me. Some of those free apps and games that rim came out for free last year are as big as 2-3 Mb
    04-12-12 08:58 AM
    Weird to see some problems with it, it installed fine on two phones for me (9860 and 9780).

"We are unable to reach the server at this time (0)"

I don't think this is a cause to get upset about and revert to an older version. Looks like a typical problem where you are just having trouble connecting, give it a bit of time and try again.

This new version is definitely worth the upgrade, the tagging friends in your status feature alone is enough for me lol.
    04-12-12 12:13 PM
    It appears that apps install only to device memory and there is no way to install it to the sd card.
    This is true - no BlackBerry app can be installed on the SD card - they all install to the device memory. However, this has always been the case and is nothing new.

Now, some app will use an SD card for extra data or cache storage. The Facebook app will cache to an SD card if you have one.
    04-12-12 04:27 PM
    the server error is a facebook server problem, not a rim facebook app problem

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-12-12 05:58 PM
    facebook server issue or not, that's what betas are for. this problem (which i've still been unable to solve since yesterday) should have been identified and addressed long before the final release.

regardless of that, i'm not entirely convinced the problem is a facebook issue at all. why can i zip right through login immediately after i downgrade to 2.0? also, why are some people getting thru just fine on 3.0 and others are not? this stinks like app error or device/os incompatibility. obviously i'm not having a connection issue, or a low memory issue, or any of that, because every other app on my bb is still chugging along. if my only recourse is to "give it a bit of time and try again" then i'm doing nothing to solve the problem. and neither will anyone else.
    04-12-12 09:15 PM
    have no idea why removing the Bolt app made a difference but thats what i did to free up memory in application space and facebook went with no problem. it shows under options storage I have 217Mb free for app storage but i don't know how accurate it is. anyway by that it would appear to be plenty of space but who knows

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry Forum app by Tapatalk
    04-12-12 10:24 PM
    I'm getting a "Facebook server is returning an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request. (2100)" error message whenever I try to post a status update on FB 3.0. Rebooting does nothing, so I'm likely going to downgrade. This wasn't "3.0" anyway -- basically just BBM connection. Big whoop. That's more like 2.1 at best. 3.0 would have been video uploading or something like that. RIM never ceases to disappoint lately.

Edit: I deleted 3.0 and reinstalled. Seems to be working fine now. I'm capable of thinking of and doing things like that, but Joe and Jane Consumer generally are not, nor would they care to have to do such things. RIM's problem in a microcosm.
    Last edited by JasW; 04-13-12 at 11:10 PM.
    04-13-12 09:21 PM
    There is a fb web app for my Pre, but it blows. Just going to the actual website is really the best option for me.
    04-14-12 06:51 AM
    Is anybody else with a Storm 9550 able to Check In with version 3.0.0.15?

Mine just says 'Acquiring Your Location...' and eventually times out.

Am running 5.0.0.1082 on VZW.

Thanks.
    04-14-12 09:27 AM
    I guess I'm in the minority but mine installed without any errors and I'm really liking it. I think it is better than the last version. In my opinion BB has the best Facebook app of all the platforms.
    04-14-12 09:36 AM
    I get the " We are unable to reach the server at this time (0)" error...
    I had the same error after numerous hours of restarts and reinstalls. I finally removed it and downloaded the older version from the archive at rroyy.com. That one connects right away and works fine. The minute I discovered that I backed up my phone. I have an old BB Tour, so maybe that is part of the problem.
    Last edited by ChakaRaka; 04-15-12 at 01:32 PM.
    04-15-12 01:30 PM
    Is anybody else with a Storm 9550 able to Check In with version 3.0.0.15?

Mine just says 'Acquiring Your Location...' and eventually times out.

Am running 5.0.0.1082 on VZW.

Thanks.

My girlfriend's 9550 is doing the same thing... she is driving me nuts. I haven't found a way to fix it yet. I think it may be the app itself.
    Last edited by dustanh; 04-16-12 at 11:25 PM.
    04-16-12 10:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD