I run a VZW Curve 8830 with 5.0.0.438 OS installed. I downloaded the new Facebook app that came out in November 2010, version 1.9.0.20.

When I first got it, I had no option to set an alert tone where I can edit sound profiles for my Curve. When I did a complete battery pull and reboot, I got it back. All was well.

A week and a half later, the alert tone for FB option disappeared again. Did a soft keyboard reset and a hard battery pull reset. Didn't come back. Did a full uninstall/reinstall of the app. It came back.

Today, it's gone again. Did the soft reset. No dice. Did the hard reset. No dice there either. I suppose I can do the un/reinstall and get it back but I haven't gotten around to that yet. I probably will for the short-term, but why should I have to keep doing that?

I have absolutely no other issues with my phone and what I use it for, only Facebook and this alert tone option. Is this a problem with my phone, or simply this new version of Facebook being bugged (either the app itself or compatibility with my phone) and necessitating a fix? If it's the latter, I may download the prior version and stay with it because while the new FB version works otherwise, I desire my ringtone alerts for apps and this glitch is bothering me.
    12-04-10 10:29 AM
    Although I haven't come across your particular problem, I have seen quite alot of threads discussing all kinds of bugs with this new version of FB (especially with regard to alerts and notifications). My guess would be that it is the app and not your phone.

I would downgrade if it bothers you alot. I have yet to upgrade because I have been hearing about so many bugs and 1.8.0.49 still works fine for me
    12-04-10 11:41 AM
    Agreed this app is riddled with bugs , I honeslt cannot understand how they could mess up this release as the Beta 1.9 was so amazing , hoping Facebook 2.0 is right around the corner this and the newly released msn App 2.5.69 are horrible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 11:52 AM
    Then I'm going to classify this as bugged and if the sound issue continues I'll just downgrade until a better 1.9+ version is released.

Thanks for the replies.
    12-04-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD