Facebook v1.8.0.49 now available in BlackBerry App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 06:10 PM
    yea.................posted about an hour ago

http://crackberry.com/facebook-1-0-8...erry-app-world

it wasnt showing in app world for me, had to use this OTA link...

http://www.theiexplorers.com/
    08-18-10 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the OTA link, just what I needed!
    08-18-10 06:23 PM
    Every time I try to download this link, it keeps going back to the link in app world for 1.7.0.22 which is my current version. What the heck is up with this?
    08-18-10 06:35 PM
    which link? the one i posted?
    08-18-10 06:47 PM
    I have downloaded the update but the calendar is still not updating my phone calendar (ie. Birthdays,events , etc).
    How do I get these to work again? I have gone through the set up and everything.

Thank you.
    08-18-10 06:58 PM
    Is anyone having problems with being able to see pictures that someone tagged you in or pictures that you're in that someone commented on?

All I get is a menu to pop up when I click on one a picture from the Notification screen. Then when I click on "Open" from that menu, it just closes the menu and that's it.
    08-18-10 07:13 PM
    Does anyone keep the FB icon on their main screen? It seems it is no longer transparent.

Is this a bug?
    08-18-10 07:32 PM
    Can you turn off email notifications in this version of facebook and still get regular facebook notifications?

Since its supposed to use the blackberry push API mechanic instead of Email?
    08-18-10 07:53 PM
    Can you turn off email notifications in this version of facebook and still get regular facebook notifications?

This works on my 9550. I was getting FB notifications along with the e-mails. Turned off all e-mail notifications within the app, and still receive notifications in FB.

*Update* The push notifications seem to be running a bit slow at the moment. (10:40 pm EDT)
    Last edited by JustJoey; 08-18-10 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Updating
    08-18-10 09:11 PM
    Works great! It's faster too!
    08-18-10 09:43 PM
    Anyone here has a BB 8520 with OS 4.6.1.314, having problem installing it?

08-18-10 09:47 PM
    It didnt update in my appworld but thank you for the OTA link.
    08-18-10 09:53 PM
    The update is 100x better for me! I hated the older version; slow scrolling, laggy, took forever to load friends list and sending messages was also very laggy and took long to load friends. So far loading is a breeze and scrolling is much smoother.

08-18-10 09:55 PM
    Some BB models may get different builds of 1.8. My 8100 got .48 from App World, not .49.

Still, much better than 1.7.

08-18-10 11:51 PM
    So does this thing still hijack the phone calendar and corrupt contacts?
    only if you set it up to do that upon install. i had to do mine manually.
    08-19-10 01:19 AM

yes it is. it should automatically do it this upon install. if not, see this info (thanks to Max Payne79)

"alright fellas, so i think i figured out how to get this beta working again. I did my little trick on friday and it's been flawlessly working since then. So lets begin.

Make sure u have 1.8 installed on ur bb, log out, hop onto ur pc and log into fb, go over to the account tab -> applications setting...delete "facebook for blackberry smartphones" the usual. Log out. Log back into ur bb and let fb load. Hop back onto ur pc and log back into fb but this time go -> account -> account settings -> notifications. What u should see is the majority of the options unselected both for sms and email delivery. Leave it like that..except for 1. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and under "other applications" u should have "facebook for bb smarphones" it should be unselected. Select it. Don't worry, u will not get a single email. But this is what enables it to communicate with the handheld which is something it stopped doing. So...click it (in the email delivery column), save changes and log out. And thats it. Then test it with a poke or something. I have friend who always pokes me back...and her poke came through."
    08-19-10 01:24 AM
    Anyone know if this version works without having a bis plan?

Thanks
    08-19-10 02:09 AM
    Anyone know if this version works without having a bis plan?

Thanks
    did you mean Data plan? If you don't have data plan it will only work while your connected to a wifi (if you have wifi option. If not, then your screwed).

08-19-10 02:12 AM
    How do I fix my Calendar all my entries don't show?!
    They disappeared after I installed the updated version.

08-19-10 03:47 AM
    Does it actually have a video upload feature now?
    08-19-10 05:23 AM
    This update is working so much better. I'm using an 8530 and right off the bat I noticed how much faster it is. Also the scrolling is nice a smooth now, no skipping/jumping up and down. Pictures don't take forever to view and there are additional options in the options menu. A smooth upgrade for me
    08-19-10 07:07 AM
    FYI....just downloaded it from AppWorld on my BB. Installed and rebooting now. Anxiously waiting.....
    08-19-10 07:32 AM
    Anybody find it annoying that you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the comments to read the "first" comment left on a feed?

I can't find the option to fix that, or is that inherent?
    08-19-10 08:54 AM
    I find annoying that i do not receive all the notifications i should receive
    08-19-10 09:24 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD