Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Facebook updates but RIM has not...

Recently Facebook users joined the petition to have the “is” removed from status messages, this petition was succesful BUT RIM hs yet to go ahead and update their app to reflect the changes, now this seems like a trivial thing to me and I don't really expect RIM to change it at any fast rate unless their are some MAYJOR changes coming to the facebook app soon...does this really bother anyone?..or did anyone else even notice it lol.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm SO glad they made this change. There are some current issues with the app (i.e., it doesn't update your status when you update it on a computer), but I'm hoping they will fix it soon.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,309 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

RIM need to get on with it, albeit a small change. In addition, they need to have it that when a status is updated via the BlackBerry, it's updated instantly on the account...

What I mean by that is, if I log into Facebook, I should see said status I just set from my BlackBerry...
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    RIM need to get on with it, albeit a small change. In addition, they need to have it that when a status is updated via the BlackBerry, it's updated instantly on the account...

What I mean by that is, if I log into Facebook, I should see said status I just set from my BlackBerry...
    Indeed, but I'm wondering where these problems are actually coming from is it based on RIMS side within the app, or is it on the facebook side, facebook has increasingly become a spot with a ton of lag due to the amount of applications that developers are creating for it these days, I barely ever log onto it at this point due to that fact and when I do I have extensions installed into my FireFox to block some of the shall we say "crap" thats building up on facebook...anyone else think this may be a facebook issue rather then a BB issue?
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,309 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

I think you have a point, Bla1ze. I don't mind Facebook, I've re-met a lot of my friends from London. But, on my account I don't have that many applications installed...

I wonder if that makes a difference?