So I downloaded the newest version of the Facebook app today and even though I have it set to not sync calendars or contacts, it's doing both. Not only that, but it is pretty much usurping my calendar and not showing any of the appointments I have lovingly put in over months of planning, and will only show my Facebook events no matter which calendar I select. Also, when it made me register with an email attached to my phone (since my gmail runs through a gmail app) it managed to log me out of the Blackberry Internet Service and I can't get back in so I'm not getting emails. I've deleted the program twice, but all it does is remove it from the applications list. It remains running and syncing and being a general pain in the **** and still not even working (I'm not even getting Facebook updates).

How can I just make it go away! It's so much more trouble than it's worth!
    04-21-09 08:21 PM
    For the calendar I had the same problem. Assuming you sync your calendar to Outlook or something this should work. Clear your calendar database in DM... Then go to options, advanced, default services and change your calendar back to your old default (instead of Facebook) then re-sync your phone in DM. Worked for me. No more hijacked, deleted calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 08:58 PM
    Thank you that's awesome I feel so much better =)
    04-21-09 09:10 PM
    Okay actually one more thing now. I can't find the DM. I know I'm a tool... help?

EDIT: NEVERMIND FIXED IT.
    Last edited by ottoscorzato; 04-21-09 at 09:32 PM.
    04-21-09 09:26 PM
    how did you fix the problem? i am having the same issue with my curve at the moment, but don't sync my calender to anything, just simply use it on the bb.
    04-21-09 09:45 PM
    Installing 1.5 screwed my curve up too, my calendar isnt displaying correctly. I regret updating, I should have stuck with 1.2. How do you change the Default Services-Calendar (CICAL) option under Advance Options? I can only choose facebook!
    Last edited by fraz; 04-21-09 at 09:57 PM.
    04-21-09 09:54 PM
    Installing 1.5 screwed my curve up too, my calendar isnt displaying correctly. I regret updating, I should have stuck with 1.2. How do you change the Default Services-Calendar (CICAL) option under Advance Options? I can only choose facebook!
    That, I've never seen before.

04-21-09 10:09 PM
    Interesting.. I didn't even uninstall 1.2 before upgrading and I haven't had any issues at all with my calender.. All appointments are there, just see the FB ones now too.

04-21-09 11:00 PM
    If I delete notifications and stuff from Facebook on the BB will it delete all that stuff on my Facebook on computer too? I'm new at Facebook so don't be mean to me. Lol. If it deletes on both, how can I just delete on the BB? I have so much stuff on the BB facebook I think its eating my memory. Thanks.

04-21-09 11:07 PM
    For the calendar I had the same problem. Assuming you sync your calendar to Outlook or something this should work. Clear your calendar database in DM... Then go to options, advanced, default services and change your calendar back to your old default (instead of Facebook) then re-sync your phone in DM. Worked for me. No more hijacked, deleted calendar.
    I don't sync to Outlook... is there a way to flat-out delete the new FB calendar? I deleted all the appointments, so at least I don't have to deal with them. But is there a way to rid myself of the entire calendar?
    Edit: Thanks to TheStoffer (here) for how to delete the calendar.

It switched fine on my 8330. Thank you for mentioning it, I had forgotten where to find that option.

Interesting.. I didn't even uninstall 1.2 before upgrading and I haven't had any issues at all with my calender.. All appointments are there, just see the FB ones now too.
    That's what bugs me... I didn't tell Facebook to make a new calendar, I told it to sync with mine. Grr.

If I delete notifications and stuff from Facebook on the BB will it delete all that stuff on my Facebook on computer too? I'm new at Facebook so don't be mean to me. Lol. If it deletes on both, how can I just delete on the BB? I have so much stuff on the BB facebook I think its eating my memory. Thanks.
    No, it doesn't delete things from Facebook. Basically, when you get an email from Facebook | Welcome to Facebook the app recognizes the email and throws it into a pretty facebook-type format on your bb. If you delete the notifications, you're really just deleting the email. It shouldn't affect your FB account in any way. In fact, I just purged mine an hour or so ago and nothing's missing from FB
    Last edited by cae2685; 04-21-09 at 11:21 PM.
    04-21-09 11:13 PM

thanks so much...I went to sync to outlook this evening and everything but my calendar changed. I immediately knew it was because of the new facebook application, but I had no idea what exactly was wrong. Quick search on crackberry helped a lot!!!
    04-22-09 12:17 AM
    I just installed and all is fine with cal and contacts. No probs here just wating for 2.0 now....buahaha I am so impatient.

04-22-09 12:50 AM
    Is anyone having issues with FB chat on beejive? Trying to sign on results in a time out or it will sign on then off immediately. Any ideas?

04-22-09 01:50 AM
    I don't sync to Outlook... is there a way to flat-out delete the new FB calendar? I deleted all the appointments, so at least I don't have to deal with them. But is there a way to rid myself of the entire calendar?
    Edit: Thanks to TheStoffer (here) for how to delete the calendar.

THANK YOU. Post #18 is what helped fix this problem!!
    04-22-09 07:33 AM
    Heres the next question.... Facebook assumed I wanted it to enter every aspect of my BB and latched on to my contacts. Now everytime my phone rings, it shows the Facebook picture of the person calling and gives me more information than I really need to know on the caller ID which causes the font to be super small. So if the picture sucks, I have no idea who is calling. How do I switch it back?
    04-22-09 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded several different apps and couldn't figure out which one was screwing up my calander and how to fix it. Your advice worked like a charm.
    04-22-09 02:10 PM
    Heres the next question.... Facebook assumed I wanted it to enter every aspect of my BB and latched on to my contacts. Now everytime my phone rings, it shows the Facebook picture of the person calling and gives me more information than I really need to know on the caller ID which causes the font to be super small. So if the picture sucks, I have no idea who is calling. How do I switch it back?
    If you go into the facebook app from your bb, go to your friends list. If there is a phonebook icon next to the name, click the menu button, then choose disonnect from blackberry contact. I think that will fix it.

You can also go into facebook, click the menu button, choose options. uncheck the blackberry contacts application and uncheck the box that says, "update existing photos in your Blackberry contacts list with facebook friend profile photos."
    04-22-09 02:24 PM
    Do you have any email accounts associated with your blackberry device? BES, gmail, Yahoo, hotmail?
    04-22-09 02:25 PM
    Do you have any email accounts associated with your blackberry device? BES, gmail, Yahoo, hotmail?
    Yes 2 AOL accounts and 1 Gmail. I think I fixed it by unchecking all the options under the options menu in the fb program also by deleting facebook CICAL from service books.
    04-22-09 06:13 PM
    This is what I did to keep my sanity.

* go to options on facebook 1.5 and uncheck Blackberry Calendar, and Blackberry contacts application. Then Clear cache in facebook, and log out.
    * go to options on the Blackberry and go to advanced options then go to default services and change the calendar (CICAL) to the default (ie google).
    * Go to your calendar and note all your appointments that you wish to keep, (as the next step could delete them off your device calendar). Double check on google calendar website that those appointments are still there.
    * Delete all appointments in blackberry calendar, by pressing ‘RSET’, that does not need to be in capital but those are the exact letters you need to put in when you are in the calendar and pressing the menu. For QWERTY users type normal, for Sure Type devices r is pressing the key number 1 twice etc (go in to calendar, press the menu key, then options, that is where you would need to enter these four letters as a command)
    * You will then be prompted to reset/clear the facebook calendar, AND the google calendar you have already on your device. Say yes to all of them as long as you have double checked your google calendar is up to date.
    * Once deleted, do a soft reset, battery pull, or look for a program called quickpull.
    * After rebooting try another google sync. If report says items deleted then go into your google calendar and re-insert them. Try the sync again. Then check to see they are under the right calendar.
    * log back into facebook, ensure that blackberry calendar sync service is Unticked, then go to your options, advanced options, default services and see if it’s still your google.
    05-12-09 07:58 PM
    Yes 2 AOL accounts and 1 Gmail. I think I fixed it by unchecking all the options under the options menu in the fb program also by deleting facebook CICAL from service books.
    Great, happy you got it figured out!
    05-13-09 01:24 PM
    options > advanced options> service book > *Delete any CICAL's you dont want displayed on your blackberry calendar. for example, I have 3 emails and facebook. only wanted one email calendar to sync so i deleted the other two CICAL service books as well as the facebook CICAL service book
    05-13-09 03:25 PM

I had this loveley problem also...I tried deleting facebook, resyncing with google, everything....only thing that worked for me was to go through my address book and delete the picture and work info for every contact...which was a pain in the **** but it worked.
    05-13-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD