I just updated my wife's storm to .132 with no problems but when I installed the new Facebook the icon doesn't show up nor will it run. It is in my application list but no where to be found. I did a search and came up with nothing. thanks for any help
    04-23-09 09:30 PM
    same thing happened here. i updated and then the phone prompted to reboot. after the reboot there was no facebook in site - not even the previous entries in my messages folder.

thought that was odd- but i went ahead and reinstalled anyway.

after my second installation, i was not prompted to reboot, and there was not one but TWO facebook icons - one was a bit different looking with a larger F. i clicked on that, and it took me to the blackberry.com/facebook website. when i exited out, the second icon was no longer there and i only had one left - the same one ive always had. i clicked it and entered my user name and password and everything seems to be fine now.
    04-23-09 09:44 PM
    I just updated my wife's storm to .132 with no problems but when I installed the new Facebook the icon doesn't show up nor will it run. It is in my application list but no where to be found. I did a search and came up with nothing. thanks for any help
    Not sure if this will help, but when I was missing my browser icon I went to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table and then do a Register Now. That may bring the icon back.
    04-23-09 09:46 PM
    okay here is why this is happening. The previous version on your device was probably version 1.3 when you downloaded the new facebook version 1.5 it didnt completely delete version 1.3 from your device. It just overwrote some files to make it 1.5.

Now the problem comes into play when you just upgraded to OS .132 because the same thing happened to me and I figured this out. During the update process in desktop manager the loader recognizes there are two versions of facebook to be installed. Version 1.3 that comes with OS .132 and the 1.5 files that are already installed. So the loader "thinks" the best solution it to uninstall the older version from your device (1.3) and reload the 1.5 back on when the OS upgrade is complete. However like I said previously version 1.5 needs some files from 1.3 so that is why your facebook icon isnt showing up anymore.

To fix the problem reopen desktop manager and disable your internet connection. Go into the update applications screen and and scroll about halfway down the page to where it says Facebook 1.3 and click the box to reload it bask to your device. The device will reboot and this should solve the issue.

Thanks worked like a charm
    04-23-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD