Just like my title says.. Facebook, Twitter and Myspace apps do not work on my Torch. I am subscribed with BIS, and I have no problems receiving emails, browsing the internet or even using blackberry messenger

After some reading and contacting BlackBerry technical support I found out that none of the 3 carriers in Saudi Arabia include "Internet browsing"

My question is, is there any way on earth to workaround that problem? given that the phone is unlocked

I am currently using facebook mobile and Ubertwitter, but I'd love to use the official apps

and here is the error message that I get while attempting to sign in to Twitter and facebook: "You are currently on a data plan that does not support this applicaton. If you want to use this application, please contact your service provider to upgrade your plan"

Thanks in advance to any help
    Last edited by mosr3_bshwaish; 12-25-10 at 09:30 AM.
    12-25-10 09:27 AM
    I am also facing the same problem,when we contacted the service provider they said that these problem will be solved in jan 2011
    12-25-10 01:25 PM
    theres a chance those apps may not be available in your country or carrier. FB requires service books to work. unless your carrier supports it, you wont be able to get it to work. Twitter doesnt require a BB data plan to work, as long as you are logged in you should get the notifications. well, unless its not supported in your country.
    12-25-10 07:08 PM
    theres a chance those apps may not be available in your country or carrier. FB requires service books to work. unless your carrier supports it, you wont be able to get it to work. Twitter doesnt require a BB data plan to work, as long as you are logged in you should get the notifications. well, unless its not supported in your country.
    I forgot to mention that the only version of facebook that works in Saudi is v1.6, which is however not support by the Torch
    12-26-10 05:17 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Did anybody get anywhere with it? I WANT FACEBOOK TO WORK! Thanks!
    01-10-11 12:18 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Did anybody get anywhere with it? I WANT FACEBOOK TO WORK! Thanks!
    Do you have BIS activated? You got register at your carrier for it (unles you in wifi spot).

You can try to reinstall FB and then try to do a battery pull. See how it works then.
    01-10-11 08:13 AM
    Do you have BIS activated? You got register at your carrier for it (unles you in wifi spot).

You can try to reinstall FB and then try to do a battery pull. See how it works then.
    Yes BIS is activated, the problem is carrier and we're wondering if there is a workaround
    02-10-11 11:06 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I live in the US and just upgraded by BB Bold 9650 on Verizon to the 6.0 OS.

Facebook with either log me out, or give me the message that I need to upgrade my data plan to use it. I have unlimited data plan and have not had any problems until I updated my OS.

I have tried deleting facebook and reinstalling it several times. I deleted the Blackberry app from facebook on my pc. Changed my password. Can't think of anything else to try. The only way I can get it to work again is to do a battery pull when it does it. It will work for about an hour and then give me the same message.

Any help would be appreciated!
    02-11-11 08:54 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I live in the US and just upgraded by BB Bold 9650 on Verizon to the 6.0 OS.

Facebook with either log me out, or give me the message that I need to upgrade my data plan to use it. I have unlimited data plan and have not had any problems until I updated my OS.

I have tried deleting facebook and reinstalling it several times. I deleted the Blackberry app from facebook on my pc. Changed my password. Can't think of anything else to try. The only way I can get it to work again is to do a battery pull when it does it. It will work for about an hour and then give me the same message.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Try wiping and reloading your OS and apps, I've had FB working on every version of BB6.0 since it was first leaked back in September.
    02-11-11 09:05 AM
    Slightly OT, but I prefer the mobile web version of facebook on Opera (I make it a speed dial that I can access by pressing *5 from the home screen. I'm on OS 5 with a 8530 cirve flashed onto metropcs with every service book I can find (I used Magicberry to merge them).

The only version of facebook that works without wifi is 1.6.
    04-21-12 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD