Does anyone else use Facebook on their Storm? I do and when people sent me message on my Facebook page, I used to get alers and the red light would flash and a little red star would be next to the Facebook symbol to alert me. However, it seemed to stop doing it. I tried pulling the battery. No change. I logged out on my Blackberry through the Facebook application and then logged back in and still nothing. Any more ideas???
    Anth
    02-05-09 12:26 AM
    I had this same issue on mine, what I did was uninstall and reinstalled the app and it's been working fine ever since. Good luck.
    02-05-09 12:30 AM
    Ok, how do I uninstall and then how to reinstall it??
    02-05-09 12:35 AM
    Options, advanced, application, highlight, bbkey, delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 12:38 AM
    Ok, how do I uninstall and then how to reinstall it??
    Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications. Highlight the Facebook app (don't click)-> BB Menu key -> Delete
    02-05-09 12:39 AM
    Thanks guys!! Is it the same process to reinstall??
    02-05-09 12:41 AM
    Thanks guys!! Is it the same process to reinstall??
    Same process as the original install yeah. Go to your application center, DL it to the device and bingo, bango, bongo you're hearing what people you really don't care about anyways are doing 24/7 (and I am totally addicted to it)
    02-05-09 12:44 AM
    snow, thank you!!!!!!
    02-05-09 12:47 AM
    It should show in your applications icon menu. Otherwise go to Facebook on PC and do it there.

02-05-09 12:47 AM
    Also, if youve made changes with your email that could be a problem. The app detects email notifications from FB that are sent to your blackberry.
    02-05-09 12:49 AM
    I'm back guys. I deleted the Facebook application and then reinstalled it.

I then logged back in.

No change. It still doesn't notify me of any new alerts like it did before, like wall comments, etc...

In addition, I have my e-mail through sbcglobal.net and on my computer I have Microsoft Outlook for my mail messages, and my Blackberry won't even receive any e-mail that I get through my Outlook and vice versa. I used to get only some on my BB but now I seem to be getting none at all, including any facebook notifications that I get through Outlook.

I need help, but I am new at BB so I don't know all the ins and outs. Should I call the help line or something???
    02-05-09 09:30 AM
    I've been having the issue lately of when I pull my storm out of the holster... for whatever reason it doesn't show the FB message like it is supposed to. It brings up the message, then quickly gets rid of it back to the home screen of the facebook app... until I hit the back key. I don't know what is up with that.

Maybe a reinstall would help :-/
    02-05-09 09:39 AM
    yeah i use it to get notifications and then log into the normal site via opera mini because the app is utter ****
    02-05-09 09:42 AM
    I tried reinstalling it once. Maybe I will try it again. I have given up. And I still don't know why I don't get e-mails to my BB anymore..
    02-05-09 09:42 AM
    Are both outlook and your blackberry BIS getting the mail from a POP3 account?

If so are you deleting the message from the server when one or the other of them downloads it? If so that will explain why you're not getting the mail on both.

Whichever of the two is first to check mail after a mail has been received will be the only one to receive it.
    02-05-09 09:44 AM
    I didn't really pay attention to my alerts until I seen this. But after thinking about it, I was not receiving them either. Yesterday I accidentally uninstalled facebook using DM. I reinstalled it with the DM and now I'm getting alerts.

02-05-09 09:52 AM
    It is a POP 3 account.

Is there a way to change it??? Like, so if it receives it on the main server I can still get the e-mail on my BB??
    02-05-09 10:15 AM
    It is a POP 3 account.

Is there a way to change it??? Like, so if it receives it on the main server I can still get the e-mail on my BB??
    You can change your settings in Outlook to leave the message on the server after downloading it. Some POP3 servers allow you to set them to ignore delete commands from the clients.
    02-05-09 10:16 AM

02-05-09 10:17 AM
    the facebook app sucks but i still use it but if you've seen the myspace app the facebook looks like s**t they should hurry up and update it lol
    02-05-09 10:26 AM
    You can visit this link from your device or PC but the links are currently broken from my office, hopefully they are not for you...
    Facebook - Support

This is the PDF link for Facebook for BBerry:

Livelink - Redirection

Under notifications:

I am not receiving notifications on my device
    If you are not receiving notifications in Facebook� for BlackBerry� devices, or if you are not receiving all of the notifications that you
    expect, perform one or more of the following actions:
    • Verify that you are logged in to Facebook for BlackBerry devices.
    • Verify that you have updated the email address that receives Facebook� account notifications to an email address that is associated
    with your BlackBerry device.
    • Verify that you have turned on all of the notifications in your Facebook account that you want to receive on your device.
    Note: Notifications for third-party applications that you have added to your Facebook account might not appear in Facebook for BlackBerry
    devices.

Again, I am at the office and have not tried to use this feature otherwise I'd read it and offer a solution. See if this is any help at all.
    02-05-09 10:27 AM
    It's a known issue w the facebook app that sometimes your email notifications get turned off. If those aren't on, you won't get notifications on your app. Double check that they didn't get turned off, it's happened to me several times.

02-05-09 10:35 AM
    Do i check it on my computer or through my BB application for the email notification??
    02-05-09 10:37 AM
    On your computer. Idk why or how it happens but it does. Hopet that helps.

02-05-09 10:40 AM
    the facebook app sucks but i still use it but if you've seen the myspace app the facebook looks like s**t they should hurry up and update it lol
    AMEN to that! The MySpace app is absolutely amazing when compared to the FB app...saved me from actually deleting my MS account!
    02-05-09 10:57 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD