I'm still having the same issue after 2 days, how are you all fairing? This really sucks, especially for those of us who use FB to communicate regularly with friends and family across the country/world. If anyone has any suggestions to fix the problems, lets hear 'em. Thanks!
    still having some issues, still waiting it out
    03-04-10 02:21 PM
    Seemed to work briefly last night and tonight but keeps screwing up! Friends with iPhones have also had problems (more than usual anyway!) with the FB app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-04-10 06:26 PM
    I spoke earlier in this thread, but I am still having some problems today.

-- Any thread I start make, others' replies are normal.
    -- Any thread I reply to, others' replies are mostly "Notifications" instead of normal replies.
    -- Any friend requests cannot be opened at all whatsoever. Have to go to the mobile web version if I want to confirm or deny.
    -- Any posts to my wall, upon being opened, give me a "Failed to communicate with Facebook" error.
    03-04-10 11:01 PM
    There is issues with the Facebook application today. That being said, the best way to have the FB application set up for notifications is through the email account you use to login to FB with. Make sure the email account you use to login to FB, is also on your device as well. Then within the FB application, hit menu, then options and put a check mark in the "Leave email notification messages on mail server." Now when you get a notification you can either open the FB application itself, or open the "Messages" folder and they will be in there. This is the best way to keep up on Facebook in my opinion...
    So this means notifications come through messages and not my email?
    Right?

03-04-10 11:10 PM
    There is issues with the Facebook application today. That being said, the best way to have the FB application set up for notifications is through the email account you use to login to FB with. Make sure the email account you use to login to FB, is also on your device as well. Then within the FB application, hit menu, then options and put a check mark in the "Leave email notification messages on mail server." Now when you get a notification you can either open the FB application itself, or open the "Messages" folder and they will be in there. This is the best way to keep up on Facebook in my opinion...
    Most people do that.
    Its just that we can't freaking comment back to people and stuff without manually doing it...

So annoying. I figured out messages doesn't work either.

Unless you manually select send message from messages folder. Poke and write on wall works as well.

You cannot reply to anything that you didn't make.
    For example you can comment on your status after someone comments on it.

03-05-10 07:05 AM
    I, too, was having these issues. Yesterday mine started working again. And so far its still working like a charm! I think all these issues were due to Facebook changing a few things on the site. My brother and I had trouble commenting people and stuff. Now everything is back to normal and I'm happy again!

03-05-10 08:34 AM
    im having this same issue
    03-05-10 08:46 AM
    Mine started working again last night! So far so good!
    03-05-10 09:41 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD