Anyone else having problems getting updates from Facebook? I haven't been able to get anything in the form of updates/messages since March 27th. I'm running OS version .113 and have FB version 1.3 running. I think that's the latest....

Is this a widespread problem or just something on my phone? Thanks
    04-08-09 10:13 PM
    Only problem for me is that there is no update yet for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 10:17 PM
    I get updates but when I open them and try to view what someone has written or sent me, it freezes and after about a minute it closes with and error
    04-08-09 10:22 PM
    Actually, the FB updates on my phone have been very few and far between today... but it just started happening today. Some come through... some don't. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that FB is still making changes, though, so that might have something to do with it. My actual FB page has been screwy, too, so I'm not worried about it. It will sort itself out, I'm sure.
    04-08-09 10:29 PM
    just recently when it say someone wrote on my wall, my phone will show an older wall post - but when i check 'go to mobile site', it's a new post. its really odd.
    04-08-09 10:30 PM
    I haven't had any updates on my phone in almost 2 weeks. When I log on from my computer though it shows I have new messages, status updates, comments, new friends, etc. It's not a big deal but definitely annoying because it just stopped working out of the blue.

I've come to learn a lot of things on the Storm just stop working out of the blue...
    04-08-09 10:46 PM
    I haven't had any updates on my phone in almost 2 weeks. When I log on from my computer though it shows I have new messages, status updates, comments, new friends, etc. It's not a big deal but definitely annoying because it just stopped working out of the blue.

I've come to learn a lot of things on the Storm just stop working out of the blue...
    Same is happening to me, im gonnatry to delete and reinstall the app
    04-08-09 11:12 PM
    Before you uninstall and reinstall anything, check your settings on Facebook and make sure nothing got screwed up while they were doing all of those "updates". Maybe your settings on the actual site got reset or something. It would be worth checking first.
    04-08-09 11:29 PM
    fine has actually been fine today
    04-08-09 11:29 PM
    the facebook and myspace apps work on the email notifications, they convert them into app alerts...so make sure the email settings you use are enabled and are being sent to your phone...
    04-08-09 11:34 PM
    the facebook and myspace apps work on the email notifications, they convert them into app alerts...so make sure the email settings you use are enabled and are being sent to your phone...
    Thank you... I should have been more specific.
    04-08-09 11:36 PM
    its all good...years of experience over simplifying steps for troubleshooting and resolving issues...lol!
    04-08-09 11:54 PM
    I got 3 facebook notifications right when I got my storm and it hasn't worked since.

04-09-09 10:54 AM
    Sounds super awesome!

04-09-09 10:55 AM
    did you fix it yet?
    04-09-09 11:56 AM
    Is your email address on FB the same one that comes to your BB?
    04-09-09 12:06 PM
    Sometimes when I do an OS update I stop recieving updates as well. All you have to do to fix it is go into your facebook notifications and set your blackberry notifications to off, save, then back to on, and save again. This has fixed it every single time for me.
    04-09-09 12:10 PM
    Is your email address on FB the same one that comes to your BB?
    mine is....does that disable the notifications through FB?
    04-09-09 12:14 PM
    When is the new version going to be officially released???
    04-09-09 12:44 PM
    I haven't been receiving any today either.... Also noticed I can't Facebook in the Blackberry Apps either, maybe an update is coming.
    04-09-09 01:01 PM
    mine is....does that disable the notifications through FB?
    In order to receive Facebook notifications, your notification e-mail on Facebook's website must either be your Blackberry e-mail address (@vzw.blackberry.net) or an e-mail address that gets pushed to your Blackberry. I've found that sometimes, when I reboot my phone, I need to start up Facebook and close it or else I don't get the notifications. If you have it set up correctly, you should either get the Facebook notification or the e-mail notification from Facebook on your phone. One good way to test this out is to check your e-mail from your computer -- if there are no notification e-mails there, the problem is probably with Facebook, not your phone.

I agree that the only problem I'm having with it is that they haven't released the new version yet! Apparently they're too busy firing and hiring and planning to go public than to care about their users!
    04-09-09 01:39 PM
    When is the new version going to be officially released???
    i agree when?
    04-09-09 01:46 PM
    I noticed it the last few days as well. I don't receive all the notifications then when I log into FB there's way more notifications than I have displayed on my icon for my storm. Kinda annoying. Ya when do we get 1.5!!
    04-09-09 02:00 PM
    My FB account was hacked this morning... I finally got everything sorted out.
    04-09-09 02:06 PM
    Haven't had any problems since I deleted it. The facebook app sucks IMO. I just use the mobile site because it has more options and is easier for me to navigate.
    04-09-09 04:53 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD