Are the facebook problems, as of july 3, gone (facebook app). I have avoided downloasding it because of these problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 06:19 PM
    At the moment yes but there will always be problems with the blackberry fb app because think about it this way.
    Facebook has updated itself to newer versions prob 2-3 times since the latest blackberry app came out. If they change the facebook platform without changing the bb app what do you think is going to happen.

Basically it never will be perfect unless they rebuild the whole app. Hoping they do it soon!
    07-04-10 04:17 AM
    At the moment yes but there will always be problems with the blackberry fb app because think about it this way.
    Facebook has updated itself to newer versions prob 2-3 times since the latest blackberry app came out. If they change the facebook platform without changing the bb app what do you think is going to happen.

Basically it never will be perfect unless they rebuild the whole app. Hoping they do it soon!
    It has nothing to do with the BB application, and everything to do with Facebook's API settings, and their servers. Facebook is constantly updating their site, adding new features, etc, and from time to time it will cause an issue with their API and their servers. It's not a defiency of the application, but the service that it relies on to operate. I haven't had any issues since the last reported ones.
    07-04-10 11:24 AM
    It has nothing to do with the BB application, and everything to do with Facebook's API settings, and their servers. Facebook is constantly updating their site, adding new features, etc, and from time to time it will cause an issue with their API and their servers. It's not a defiency of the application, but the service that it relies on to operate. I haven't had any issues since the last reported ones.
    I rarely have issues but i find it really buggy (wouldnt call that "problems")
    07-04-10 11:27 AM
    I rarely have issues but i find it really buggy (wouldnt call that "problems")
    Have you attempted to delete the app and then re-install it?
    07-04-10 11:30 AM
    Have you attempted to delete the app and then re-install it?
    Yes i have. Its not my phone its the facebook app that just isnt capable of doing half the things it should be able to.

I kind of wonder what the android facebook app looks like.
    I think im going to try it out one of these days....
    07-05-10 03:44 AM
    Well, any apps that wotk better? I'm using m.facebook right now. I've tried social scope, but couldn't search friends. How does vodaphone update work? (Bold 9700)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 07:49 AM
    The FB issues are solved! It's been over a month for me and still nothing. I have no problem using the app but like so many others, I haven't been recieving notifications to my app or to my email on my bb and my laptop. I have done I think just about everything to try and fix the issue. Some people have done the same things with results and the rest of us don't get any results.

Edit> FB issues are NOT solved.
    Last edited by ncmomgoinczy; 07-06-10 at 07:11 AM. Reason: left out a word
    07-06-10 06:24 AM
    k i guess i'm lucky i've been getting my notifications without issues for a long time however i have been using the 1.8 beta so no issues with it
    07-06-10 09:21 AM
    OK GUYS SO I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE FOR THE FACEBOOK APP.
    ITS CALLED VODAFONE
    I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET IT TO LINK UP WITH MY TWITTER ACCOUNT BUT GIVE IT A SHOT FOR FB AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES.
    Vodafone Update - BlackBerry

To download for your bb goto vodafone.de/blackberry from your mobile browser.

Thanks,
    Jack
    07-06-10 12:12 PM
    i've heard about it, but I'm how good is that compared to m.facebook.com?
    07-06-10 01:45 PM
    m.facebook uses your phones mobile browser. This is supposed to have its own interface.
    It works very well with twitter but i cant get it to work with my fb.

Give it a shot.
    07-06-10 01:48 PM
    I have problems even getting onto the mobile site it has been nothing but a pain!
    07-06-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD